Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Paypal callback

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 22, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Hi Mark,

Using Paypal, payment is taken and the order shows in the back end but when you’re returned to the callback page it says ‘Paypal Failed’.

Do I need to change any settings in the Paypal account?

Thanks

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 23, 2013 at 2:28 am

Hi Jo

I did some work on the paypal integration this morning, ill update to 3.7 shortly (today) which will resolve your issues.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 5, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I realize this is an older thread, but I am getting the same things every time someone tries to make a payment.

Return to Merchant in PayPal goes to “Payment Failed” page. However, the actual transaction goes through and the listing is published, but there’s no indication to the listing owner that this has happened.

I’m using the latest v4.0 and PayPal Standard.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    August 6, 2013 at 3:18 am

in your return URL put, http…/?status=thankyou

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 6, 2013 at 3:36 am

Where should I be entering this? Should this be the slug of the callback page?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    August 6, 2013 at 4:23 am

sorry ignore that i was thinking about DP.

it should be ok already in 4.0, whats your site link ill have a look for you.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 6, 2013 at 9:05 am

Hi Mark, I’m emailing you login details in a few minutes (actually resending as you already have them:)

Appreciate you taking a look…

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 6, 2013 at 9:26 am

Email sent (and I just saw you released 4.1 so I’m updating that quickly)

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 6, 2013 at 9:32 am

Ok, all updated. Hoping you can find a cause for this. I’ll be standing by:)

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    August 6, 2013 at 10:21 am

i can see your site is sending the correct return link to paypal Adam

i can only assume your paypal account has its own return link which is overwritting the one sent. See screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 6, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I’ll have to give PayPal a call. For the life of me I can’t see where this is set and their directions to find it are out of date.

Another hurdle is that we use this PayPal account already on http://fooplugins.com so if it is set, I suspect I can’t have two return links.

We’ll see what they say…ugh.

Thanks for having a look Mark. I’ll update this post with what I find out.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 6, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Just got off the phone with PayPal. They were very helpful and we found a temporary workaround, but they also suggested I share the following with you.

We have a non-premiumpress domain that is using the EasyDigitalDownloads plugin and included PayPal extension plugin.

We are using the Responsive Directory theme on a separate domain with included PayPal standard.

We are using the same PayPal email address on both sites.

We did not have a return url specified in our account.

From what I understand, both EDD and PremiumPress’s PayPal scripts “should override” any return url that is set in our PayPal account as long as those scripts are receiving the correct return url and parsing that data correctly.

As you’ve indicated above, the theme was sending the correct return url, and this was verified by PayPal, but for some reason, it was not reading the information back from PayPal as it should. (best we could determine in troubleshooting).

So…the workaround was to put the DT return url in our PayPal account to circumvent DT somehow not getting the correct info and returning the “Payment Failed” message instead of the success message.

The return url I put in our PayPal account was:
    http://mydomain.com/callback/?status=thankyou

This allows the payment success message on our DT domain and because the EDD script “overrides” the PayPal return url as it should, it hasn’t affected successful payments on that original domain.

So, the best that PayPal tech and I can determine is that there is something with the DT PayPal callback that isn’t receiving data like it should.

PayPal tech’s words “it seems that the PremiumPress site payment data transfer or IPN (if in use), isn’t reading the PayPal response correctly.”

That’s the best troubleshooting I can provide. I hope it helps. If it does turn out to be a DT bug, then I would love to know so I can remove that url from our PayPal account (I don’t want that to become an issue down the road).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)