Paypal API isnt working

• Ryan
    Ryan
    Newbie 19 points
    September 25, 2016 at 11:15 pm

Once again im left to figure things out on my own since support and tickets hasnt helped.. im using the paypal adaptive payment gateway and paypal payments gateway.. both are in live mode enabled no sandbox.. i finally realized the APP ID that was in the box by default is a sandbox version, premiumpress left out the fact that you need to request a live id from paypal for this feature to work.. so i got one conditionally approved ( even though i didnt really know what i was doing while requesting one ) and i test bought something on my site and received this error

User is not allowed to perform this action
    User 1: 24 (payments@XXXXX.com) / User 2:0.72 (Aooakcreations@gmail.com)

before that it was giving me the error i attached in an image… this is after i click buy now!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • steven
    steven
    Newbie 56 points
    September 27, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Hi Ryan,

I have just noticed the same thing with the PayPal API ID being a sandbox one. OMG here is me thinking my paypal was set up lol.

I have not got as far as you yet as to getting the correct API ID i’m about to try and work all that out in a minute.

Have you disabled sandbox mode in both your paypal gateways? Are you sure you entered a correct API ID etc..?

Please let me know how you get on.

Steve

• steven
    steven
    Newbie 56 points
    September 27, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Also are you taking a commision fee ryan? The reason i ask is because if you are not taking a commission fee you can use just the standard paypal gateway. Apparently Payment is sent to Site owner first in both gateways I have just had this confirmed by Josh.

Hope this helps

Steve

• steven
    steven
    Newbie 56 points
    September 27, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Also if you do use only the standard paypal gateway make sure you disable the paypal API plugin!

• Ryan
    Ryan
    Newbie 19 points
    September 28, 2016 at 1:53 am

your saying to disable one or the other when others say keep both on.. i wish the people that designed this theme would chime in with the correct answer although i appreciate the feedback.. i wish i didnt have to use the paypal api but without it how would the buy now button work?

• steven
    steven
    Newbie 56 points
    September 28, 2016 at 12:39 pm

My paypal was set up exactly how you had yours. It was your post that highlighted it was set like that!
    Both plugins enabled and i was using a sandbox API not knowing i was.

But within 30 mins and a little help from josh. I found that i only needed to use 1 plugin.

Taught me a valuable lesson though. To test properly with live paypal accounts etc. and not just use admin callback tests.

• steven
    steven
    Newbie 56 points
    September 28, 2016 at 12:42 pm

My paypal was set up exactly how you had yours. It was your post that highlighted it was set like that!
    Both plugins enabled and i was using a sandbox API not knowing i was.

But within 30 mins and a little help from josh. I found that i only needed to use 1 plugin.

Taught me a valuable lesson though. To test properly with live paypal accounts etc. and not just use admin callback tests. I know we can all be very keen on getting the site live and users on it. But we must make sure things are working first.

How have you got on ryan? did any of my tips help mate?

Steve

• steven
    steven
    Newbie 56 points
    September 28, 2016 at 12:48 pm

I am not using the paypal API Plugin just the basic one. Both plugins send user payment to site owner first then to the user in question.

That is why i suggested using the basic paypal plugin and set the 3% in auction theme settings. And deactivate the Adaptive paypal plugin from your plugins list in wordpress.

Please note: if i just disabled the plugin in the adaptive paypal plugin options. My paypal still did not work. I had to deactivate the plugin completely.

• Ryan
    Ryan
    Newbie 19 points
    September 28, 2016 at 3:53 pm

how does the paypal payment option work if adaptive isn’t enabled.. adaptive is what requires the user to pay owner first in a chained payment scheme.. paypal only would allow the user to pay.. when they felt like it.. atleast that’s my understanding.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
  • Ryan
    Ryan
    Newbie 19 points
    September 28, 2016 at 6:09 pm

i just disabled adaptive and im using paypal default for now.. see how it goes.. thanks everyone

• steven
    steven
    Newbie 56 points
    September 28, 2016 at 6:58 pm

I found with the adaptive paypal plugin only i could receive payments for some reason. i used 2 other accounts not linked to my paypal address to test. They could not pay eachother. Once i deactivated the adaptive plugin all worked fine.

Let me know how you get on especially with the commission fee issue.

• Roy
    Senior Member 124 points
    July 10, 2018 at 10:56 pm

Uh, I deleted the Adaptive plugin and still cannot do a sandbox transaction. PayPal throws back error message: This feature is only available to Business and Premier Accounts.

This IS a PayPal Business Account which we are using for other ecom sites as well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes