Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
EvieB

Parent Theme Issue

I bought the coupon theme and installed the cp9 theme, then chose the classic child theme & activated it. Then I received the following error: Error: The parent theme is missing. Please install the "DT9" parent theme. I searched the forum but couldn't find where to download it. Can you point me in the right direction thank you? I tried deleting the classic child theme then reinstalling and had the same error, but found a link to install the parent theme. This is the error message I received: Installing Theme: Child Theme 1 Downloading installation package from http://www.premiumpress.com/_childthemesv9/download.php?key=DT9… Unpacking the package… Installing the theme… The package could not be installed. The theme contains no files. Theme installation failed. I submitted a support ticket 48 hours ago but no answer! Not happy so far as I haven't been able to setup my site properly yet and I'm on a tight schedule... Can anyone help please? Would greatly appreciate it.

Created: May 17, 2020 at 10:31 pm

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 17, 2020 at 10:56 pm

Hello,

It’s an error in the theme, you don’t want the Directory theme. Any time you see a message like that, and it doesn’t match the same parent theme directory, then there’s a good chance the child theme wasn’t made for the parent theme.

In your case it’s a bug, so go to /childtheme_coupon_0 and edit line # 7 from DT9 to CP9.
    So the line originally looks like this: Template: DT9
    Just change it to… Template: CP9

• EvieB
    EvieB
    May 18, 2020 at 12:04 am

Thanks for the prompt reply James. I thought as much! Can you advise which file I ned to change please? I looked in the home.php & functions.php but couldn’t find dt9 anywhere…

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 18, 2020 at 12:05 am

Sorry, it’s the /childtheme_coupon_0/style.css file.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    May 18, 2020 at 12:12 am

Thanks a million James! Worked a treat 😉

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 18, 2020 at 1:07 am

You’re welcome, glad it helped.

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments