Newbie.. any help with a drop down search box!

• ben
    ben
    Newbie 12 points
    August 30, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Hi
    We are looking for what seems like simple code.. but need advice from people here. We have a ‘things to do’ page on our website.
    What we would like is when the user clicks on that page.. there is a menu box and when hovered/clicked on, it lists all the counties in the uk. When the user selects one.. that takes them to the page we have built on that county.
    Is this at all easy to do?
    Any help would be fantastic 🙂

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 31, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Hello Ben,
    First create your countries pages under Pages >Add New.Then go to Appearance and create a Custom Link,set URL as # (see attached Image) and Add to Menu.Next add the countries pages to the menu and make them sub-items to the Custom Link you created (drag and drop).
    Here is a link to assist no setting up a menu in wordpress >>https://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide

• ben
    ben
    Newbie 12 points
    August 31, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Hi Josh
    Thankyou so much for the reply.
    All is good until I get to set URL as # ? Bit confused from this point as I cant see where this is in the attached image?
    Hope you can help 🙂

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 31, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Sorry,here is the image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • ben
    ben
    Newbie 12 points
    August 31, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Hi Josh fab done all that.. its just when I get to the part in placing it into the site… the menu locations are confusing and placing it as a completely new menu at the top of the homepage? ..any tips?
    Can we place the menu into a page on the site not just a whole new menu on the homepage?

• ben
    ben
    Newbie 12 points
    September 1, 2015 at 7:34 am

Actually Josh sorted it … looks good!! Thankyou so much! 🙂

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 1, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Glad you solved it Ben.Good day 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes