Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Need a Fully setup for Coupon Theme

• Anonymous
    Newbie 21 points
    July 28, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Hi Mark,

Ticket ID is ZWF-553-22898

Many thanks
    Rahul

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 29, 2013 at 2:46 am

ok thanks, will check shortly.

• Angus
    Angus
    Newbie 34 points
    September 28, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Hi,

I am also getting extremely frustrated. I’ve reinstalled several times, done the theme resets, disabled all other plugins, made sure the ‘php check’is ok, clearing browser cache. Nothing but problems. Aside from a whole string of issues, adding the carousel or categories to the homepage doesn’t work, all the coupons have dissapeared yet again, and the theme doesn’t seem to display in internet explorer either! I also expected the theme be to be useable out of the box. I’ve already got an ongoing ticket.

Is it correct that I can’t add categories such as entertainment, gardening etc etc?

Thanks

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points
    September 28, 2013 at 11:35 pm

You can add categories with no issue.

• David
    David
    Senior Member 107 points
    September 29, 2013 at 2:44 am

Yes…you can use categories like that without a problem.
    Do you have the newest theme updated? Using a child theme?

• David
    David
    Senior Member 107 points
    September 29, 2013 at 3:04 am

Lisette, I have a question…and took a screen shot to see if it would help.
    But, if you notice in my URL bar it’s cdns.com/stores/macys
    but the breadcrumbs show home/category/?

Do you think that’s the issue?

• David
    David
    Senior Member 107 points
    September 29, 2013 at 3:04 am

Whoops! Here’s the screenshot. lol

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Lisette
    Lisette
    Senior Member 178 points
    September 29, 2013 at 9:00 pm

@David: You actually have to use a new topic for this problem.
    You’re slightly hiyacking the thread Anonymous made. ^^;;

I noticed this problem too when using the woocommerce plugin. This is a just bug that will most likely be fixed in the future (once Mark knows about it).

There is a small workaround though. I’m not sure if you use the plugin: Yoast SEO but that one is something you should give a try.
    Yoast SEO has a build-in breadcrumb option. If you decide to use it, you have to do these steps.

Step 1: After installing and activating the plugin, go to Seo -> Internal Links and Enable Breadcrumbs. Fill in the fields such as “Separator between breadcrumbs” or leave them blank for now. Click on the button “Save Changes”
    Step 2: Open your header.php and look for this piece of code (line 109-140):`// THIS IS THE CORE BREADCRUMBS HOOK
    function _core_breadcrumbs(){ global $CORE, $userdata
    ….
    ….
    echo hook_breadcrumbs(_core_breadcrumbs());`

Step 3: Mark this as comment, simply by adding /* and end with */
    So it would look like this:`
    // THIS IS THE CORE BREADCRUMBS HOOK
    /* function _core_breadcrumbs(){ global $CORE, $userdata
    ….
    ….
    echo hook_breadcrumbs(_core_breadcrumbs()); */`

Step 4: Just above this code:
    hook_breadcrumbs_after(); /* HOOK */ ?>
    add `if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {
    yoast_breadcrumb('<article id=”core_main_breadcrumbs_wrapper”><ul class=”breadcrumb hidden-phone clearfix” id=”core_main_breadcrumbs”><li class=”right”>','</li></ul></article>');
    }`

Upload your header.php and that’s it. :)

• Lisette
    Lisette
    Senior Member 178 points
    September 29, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Argh, I can’t edit my previous post anymore. T-T
    I still hope it makes sense, David. Otherwise just say so and I duplicate it.
    Ignore this symbol: ` (don’t add them in your header!)

• Sanjeeb
    Sanjeeb
    Newbie 33 points
    September 29, 2013 at 9:24 pm

When I first saw the Premium Press Coupon I thought I was purchasing a add-on for wordpress that would give me a fully working website. So I made my purchase. I updated to the responsive theme, moved to better servers, spent hours trying to get simple tasks to work like searching for a coupon. I have lost count how many times I have started from scratch. Anyone else experienced the same?

• Lisette
    Lisette
    Senior Member 178 points
    September 29, 2013 at 9:38 pm

No, I’m afraid you’re one of the very few.

I’m curious, how did you install the theme? Did you upload it through ftp or through the admin area? The thing is… if you upload the file or folder in it’s original name, you won’t have any problems. However, if you changed the name (whether filename or foldername) then you can run into a couple of problems. I’m not sure if that’s the case with you, though.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    September 29, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I have set-up many, many websites using PremiumPress themes without any issues (and without needing doing any coding or modifications), but have found that if things don’t work as they should is often due to one of the following:

1) Hosting – limited memory, missing server modules, hosting blocking/not allowing some functions etc.
    2) WordPress – incorrectly installed WP, missing files, WP in subdirectory etc.
    3) Plugins – there are so many things that plugin can cause
    4) Incorrectly installed theme – theme installed in wrong directory/theme directory name changed, theme installed over older version (rather then removing the old theme and then installing new one)
    5) Issues caused by child theme
    6) Not properly set-up theme – often watching the video tutorials help to eliminate majority of the set-up issues

Kind regards,

Richard

• Sanjeeb
    Sanjeeb
    Newbie 33 points
    September 29, 2013 at 10:12 pm

My old hosting had a max execution time of 30 seconds so Mark recommended me greengeeks which I moved to. I uploaded a php.ini file with the max execution time set as 1800 seconds. I first installed WordPress via the cpanel. Updated the version. FTP couponpress into the themes folder, then FTP the responsive theme. Activated couponpress, then switched to the responsive theme. Added the icodes import and without making any changes I imported the merchant list using the icodes feeds. After that imported all coupons (takes about 10 minutes). Sorry I forgot to say that I did reset the whole website.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    September 29, 2013 at 10:28 pm

@Sanjeeb, why did you first install CouponPress and then the Responsive Coupon theme? You could have just installed the Responsive Coupon theme from the start.

• Sanjeeb
    Sanjeeb
    Newbie 33 points
    September 29, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Maybe that’s my problem. I thought Responsive was a theme update for couponpress. I’ll start from scratch again tommorow and let you guys know how I get on. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)