Membership – Bypassing Payment and Adding Submissions

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Membership – Bypassing Payment and Adding Submissions

Membership – Bypassing Payment and Adding Submissions

August 2, 2013
William William
  • William
    William
    Newbie 22 points

Related to Directory Press.
    I have membership enabled with membership packages selected (all requiring payment)The number of Submissions are included in the membership.
    When a user creates an account (default user status = Active (Account Live)), they go to the paypal gateway and cancel (bottom left hand corner of the paypal screen). It returns the user to my site. They are able to add submissions to the site even though they did not pay. In addition, they can exceed the amount of submissions as detailed in the membership package.
    When creating the account, if the user were to select cancel instead of going to the gateway, the rules against the membership are upheld and the user cannot create submissions. Please help

August 2, 2013 at 5:51 am
  • William
    William
    Newbie 22 points

Attached is an image to better describe what I’m trying to report. It’s 2 AM here in Montreal. I have to get to bed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 2, 2013 at 6:02 am
  • William
    William
    Newbie 22 points

Hi, any news on this? I noticed that membership packages aren’t available, on listing pages also

August 4, 2013 at 1:23 am
  • William
    William
    Newbie 22 points

Hi,
    I found that by removing Submit, Manage, from the menu bar, that the user cannot add listings without first as I had described earlier.
    I am forcing them to access MY ACCOUNT and select the Create New Listing from there. This works and will prevent the user from adding the listing as their membership package isn’t active
    In the Membership Page, the maximum number of submissions doesn’t correspond with the amount of listings a user can add. For example, I have to set 2 for a user to max out at 1.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 5, 2013 at 2:31 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks for sharing William, glad you got it sorted.

August 5, 2013 at 2:46 am
  • William
    William
    Newbie 22 points

Will you be fixing this in the future?

August 5, 2013 at 2:48 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

ill check on it, i was aware it was an issue since if your listing status is set to ‘pending payment’ this would wait until the payment function was hit rather than the callback.

August 5, 2013 at 3:01 am
  • William
    William
    Newbie 22 points

Thanks Mark, I will leave my site the way it is now until you find a solution. Have a great day.

August 5, 2013 at 3:07 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

np

August 5, 2013 at 3:18 am
  • William
    William
    Newbie 22 points

Finally figured out Membership.

You need to set it to Unlimited and set the amount of the maximum submissions.

If you use Normal 1 Per Purchase and set the maximum # of submission, it doesn’t work properly and allows the user to add more than what you have given them access to.

August 6, 2013 at 2:51 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks for the update

August 6, 2013 at 3:16 am
  • William
    William
    Newbie 22 points

Hi Mark
    I woke up this morning and found that a user created a membership with All Package Access. I have no idea how they were able to do it.
    I checked “Orders” and there was nothing there in Pending.
    In the Members Page, there was (OK) in yellow and the user is free to create listings and view listings which should be locked down until they are a full paying member.
    How can I close this? Is it through Word Press that the user can create an All Package Access account? This is the second time this has happened.
    I want to open this site up and start marketing, but I don’t feel comfortable if users can create non paying memberships. I’m using Directory Press 7.1.4

August 6, 2013 at 12:40 pm
  • William
    William
    Newbie 22 points

Hi
    Just noticed that you have released an update. How can I access this?

August 6, 2013 at 12:47 pm
  • Fernando
    Fernando
    Newbie 55 points

Click on My Downloads link at right corner of top menu in this site, any updates will always be there… hope it helps

August 6, 2013 at 1:18 pm
  • William
    William
    Newbie 22 points

Thanks. I only see a Directory Press File dated August 2nd.
    Non Responsive, Responsive…I just want to make sure people can’t create user accounts that bypass my Membership options.

August 6, 2013 at 3:43 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team