Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Location search with radius

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 14, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Hi, I purchased Directory Press yesterday and I love the features but I wasn’t aware that you couldn’t search based on location with a radius (returning the nearest listing based on your location and the nearest alternatives if no exact match). This is something I really need, is there any way to implement it with a third party plugin or custom coding?

Also, I’ve set up a free membership package for visitors to allow them to log in and view favourites / messages. I’ve set the max number of submissions for this package to 0. Is there a way to remove the links to submit submission etc in their admin panel? Or is there a better way to set this up?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 14, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Hi Jo

The new responsive theme has a built in radius search function, it should be available tomorrow as an upgrade so thats always an option.

• David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points
    July 14, 2013 at 2:51 pm

@ Mark +10

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 14, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Thanks for letting me know Mark – will I have to pay for the upgrade though?

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 14, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Also, did you have any thoughts on disabling the listing links on the visitor account? Thanks

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 14, 2013 at 3:11 pm

*Sorry, what I should’ve asked is – will I have to buy the new responsive theme at full price again? If I had known this was a feature in a new release (just 2 days away) I would have waited to make my purchase so it’s a bit frustrating if I do.

If you could let me know my options that would be great.

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points
    July 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I have a plug in nearly finished for this for the normal DP theme. Will post it in Basic Framework section in coming days.

http://www.premiumpress.com/forums/forum/plugin/old-plugins/

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm

@Jo, no just the difference (it’s $99) so will be $20 thats all

@Mark, nice one! thanks for sharing

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 14, 2013 at 5:01 pm

That’s great thanks Mark, I’ll definitely upgrade tomorrow if it’s available. Interested to know if you have any suggestions for my other query. Cheers

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 14, 2013 at 5:28 pm
    Also, I’ve set up a free membership package for visitors to allow them to log in and view favourites / messages. I’ve set the max number of submissions for this package to 0. Is there a way to remove the links to submit submission etc in their admin panel? Or is there a better way to set this up?

Good question, im afraid not though. Even if they have not the ability to submit listing (ie, they have 0 spaces left) they can still access the link directly to try (even though it will explain that they cant because they need to upgrade).

By removing it you may also confuse the user who may think it was there before, not its gone.. (maybe thinking its a bug..)

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 14, 2013 at 5:41 pm

also you can see the search radius tool on the left sidebar here;

http://dp.wlthemes.com/

• Dean
    Dean
    Newbie 10 points
    July 15, 2013 at 12:48 am

Hi Mark,

Is this worked based form postcode only?

Does it use any Google API?

• Dean
    Dean
    Newbie 10 points
    July 15, 2013 at 1:02 am

The listings pages on the responsive theme does not have image gallery or google maps etc, is that just in the demo?

I have just spent a lot of time building a custom child theme, I am hoping it wont be too much work to convert that child theme to the responsive theme

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points
    July 15, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Hi Dean,

As a follow up to my post yesterday, I have released a Store Locator plug.

Free of charge, though donations welcome!!

http://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/geo-google-store-locator-for-directorypress/

Mark P

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 15, 2013 at 4:06 pm

@Dean it uses the Google API so its worldwide.

There is also image galleries in the responsive version;

http://dp.wlthemes.com/listing/example-listing-1/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)