Listings change to "Draft" by itself

• Uwe
    Uwe
    Newbie 42 points
    March 17, 2015 at 6:30 am

Hi,

I feel almost dumb with this question title. I probably did something stupid. My problem is this:

I set up the Reponsive Directory and have some first listings in it (https://mindandbody.de). Listings that are public and visible vanish after some time, in the WP backend I see their status has changed to “Draft” mode. Promise: I didn’t do that!

I don’t use any listing packages or membership packages. The “Expiry” section in the backend says:
    Listing Expires: 0 Seconds, 0 Minutes, 0 Hours, and 0 Days
    What happens when it expires?
    Nothing. (no package set)

What could I have done wrong?

Thanks a lot
    macangelo

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    March 17, 2015 at 7:07 am

Hello Uwe
    If a listing reaches expiry and you have not set what happens when it expires it automatically goes to Draft

• Uwe
    Uwe
    Newbie 42 points
    March 17, 2015 at 9:10 am

ok, how does it work with the default values:

1) If a listing doesn’t belong to any package with a expiring date, does it expire?
    2) if I have set what happens to: nothing, what happens?

Thanks a lot!

• Uwe
    Uwe
    Newbie 42 points
    March 17, 2015 at 1:23 pm

… to add a question:

How can I define that a listing does NOT expire?

Thanks a lot

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    March 17, 2015 at 1:45 pm

1.If a listing does not belong to any package and you have not set the expiry date,if not wrong will only display for 30days
    2.If you have set Do Nothing then the listing will be displayed for 30days if no expiry date is set
    3.You can set the expiry date to something like 1000 days

• Uwe
    Uwe
    Newbie 42 points
    March 17, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Hi Josh

thank you for your answer.

If I don’t have packages, the only thing I can setup is the number of files. I can not setup a default expiry date, I can not set to never expire, I can not setup what happens if expiry date is reached, correct?

Is it theoretically possible to add the possibility of “never expire” and “do nothing” as default values by a programmer? Preferably of course in my child theme so that it doesn’t get overwritten with the next update?

Thanks a lot

macangelo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes