Listing update glitch

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes DirectoryPress Listing update glitch

Listing update glitch

July 22, 2013
 Cherry

• Cherry
    Newbie 4 points

I have created some custom fields for my listings where subscribers can add text (testimonials & qualifications). I have discovered that if the complete the listing all in one go and I approve and publish it, all is fine. However, if they go back and edit the listing eg add another testimonial, it comes to be for approval, but it actually strips all the content from that custom field completely, so when I publish, the field has lost both its original content and the update they have submitted. If they email me the content separately, I can add it as Admin, but they need to be able to edit the listing themselves without losing content!
    Any ideas what could be causing this?
    Cherry

July 22, 2013 at 10:06 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

does their listing include html and are they adding html content as part of the field area?

July 22, 2013 at 10:39 am

• Cherry
    Newbie 4 points

Hmmm, not sure – will have to check Should I be recommending to people that they drop their content into Notepad first to strip out any hidden code before submitting it?

Cherry

July 22, 2013 at 11:09 am

• Cherry
    Newbie 4 points

No Mark, that does not seem to be the problem. I just went in and did a very small text edit of my own listing (via My Account) so did not add anything new. Now that I have opened the pending listing as Admin, the field I edited as User is completely blank, so when I publish to make the listing live again, that field will be empty. :-(

Cherry

July 22, 2013 at 11:24 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

send me a ticket and ill have a look for you.

make sure you also dont have two fields with the same database key, otherwise one maybe overwritting the other.

July 22, 2013 at 11:44 am

• Cherry
    Newbie 4 points

Thanks Mark – will send a ticket…

Cherry

July 22, 2013 at 2:18 pm
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team