Listing Page and share button issues

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes DirectoryPress Listing Page and share button issues

Listing Page and share button issues

July 17, 2013
Narender Kumar Narender Kumar
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Hi Guys ,

I am facing some issues relating to listing page details and share button in listing page. Pls go to http://www.aboutdehradun.com. and advise a solution.

1) listing page issue: The more info section in a recently added listing is showing no information. The image you see is a gallery image. Refer listing – New Himalayan Electricals
    I have even deleted the post and rewrite it but to no good.
    Also please see the permalinks. Iam unable to understand why the same is showing when it is set to %post%.

2) The second issue is with the social buttons. When Iam trying to share a listing in facebook it is showing a different thumbnail with the link. Some times the page asks for thumbnail and some times it doesn’t . Why? refer listings – MV Mega Mart

Please suggest a solution . Iam in a big fix now.

Regards,

Narender

July 17, 2013 at 6:08 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Narender, let me try to assist you:

1) The issue here lies with WordPress having issues with post slug and attachment slug being the same (that means that if the image name is the same as the listing name, WordPress gets confused and shows the attachment instead of the listing). Just rename the image to something else (maybe just add some letter or number) and the problem should be fixed.

2) In order to get the right images on FaceBook and other social media, you would need to have a special Meta Tags set up on your site which will define the image.
    You can get a specially designed plugin for PremiumPress themes which will do that and also add many extra features:

Free version – http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/premiumpress-plugins/social-icons-for-premiumpress/

Premium paid version – http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/premiumpress-plugins/social-icons-pro-for-premiumpress/

Kind regards,

Richard

July 17, 2013 at 7:40 pm
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the support. The first issue is solved. For the second issue related to share button . I have purchased your plugin. Please confirm.
    Thanks Again,

Regards,

Narender

July 18, 2013 at 11:02 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

I have replied to your e-mail.

July 18, 2013 at 8:48 pm
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team