Listing Expiry option not working in directory press responsive theme

• garry
    garry
    Newbie 49 points
    August 28, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I have listing expiry option set to 2 days before and the listing should go to draft status. I stopped the paypal auto pay on 08/24. Today is 08/27 and the listing still shows in the directory, and did not go to draft status. Admin shows it expiring at 08/24. The listing and listing package was created under version 4.3

Questions:
    1) Shouldnt the listing have been removed from activie directory and go to draft status by now?
    2) Why is there an option on the listing expiry as days BEFORE? Shouldnt a listing expire X days AFTER it is not renewed (the paypal stream was stopped).
    3) Finally, if the system gets corrected so that an stopped paypal stream does cause the listing to go to draft and no longer shows in the listing, WILL the end client be able to access his listing in draft status, edit, and pay again to repost his listing?

• garry
    garry
    Newbie 49 points
    August 29, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Mark,

Since i know your currently engaged, did you see this issue?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 30, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Gary,

1. ill ill check this when i get back but iv not seen any issues elsewhere.

2. the listing is expired when the expiry date is reached, its that simple.

3. listings can be edited and renewed by the user in drfat status yes.

• garry
    garry
    Newbie 49 points
    August 31, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Is anyone else checking for this? I have listings that clearly showed expired in admin, yet they STILL appear in the active directory, whereas they should now be in draft status.

• garry
    garry
    Newbie 49 points
    September 1, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Update:

1 and 2 above still not working.
    for 3, i set a listing to draft in admin, and then logged on firefox as the customer and could NOT see my draft status listing which implies once 1 and 2 ARE FIXED, a listing that does expire, will not be able to be reedited and reactivated.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 1, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Gary, update on what? nothing has been checked so your updating yourself.

Last warning Gary, forum spam and bumping isnt accepted and you’ve been warned.

• garry
    garry
    Newbie 49 points
    September 1, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Mark,

I tested #3 and found it also to not work. I thought that was note worthy and worth passing along since you said it did work. Not trying to spam or bump. Sorry.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 1, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Gary from now on if you have issues use the ticket desk, spamming the forum isnt the acceptable method of getting attention.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    September 1, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Garry, do you have any plugins active? The issue that you have described could happen due to caching plugins – if any listing shows as expired in admin, it is expired on the front end too, but if you use a caching plugin, people will still see the the cached version. Especially plugins like w3t total cache and similar cause many unexpected issues.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 4, 2013 at 4:45 am

checked and tested, no issues with listing expiry to draft.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes