Limiting Title, Tagline, Short Description and Full Description Content

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Limiting Title, Tagline, Short Description and Full Description Content

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Limiting Title, Tagline, Short Description and Full Description Content

July 15, 2013
Louis Louis
  • Louis
    Louis
    Newbie 10 points

Hi Mark :)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am from South Africa and actually afrikaans speaking.

What does “no limitation open for content elements” mean. Does this mean the new Directory theme is exactly like the old theme and if I want to limit the content per package I need to get someone to write the specific code for me?

I am having a huge problem with this because if a person use unlimited characters for their titles,taglines etc. and I display their listing on my Home page the content from that listing runs right across my Home page screen,and screw up my whole Home page

When I just purchased the theme I thought it was the best directory theme one can purchase on the internet but this problem now irritates the hell out of me and I now start to regret purchasing the theme, unless I am doing something wrong and it is due to my own stupidity I want to apologize in advance :)

July 15, 2013 at 4:09 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points

Funny enough. This is the topic of my next plug in….

Mind me asking what Theme you are using?

July 15, 2013 at 4:16 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

taglines and tags are not in this version so save SEO issues and such problems. There is a limited of 255 characters for the title which looks fine even if they fill it and the content is displayed on the main page so they can add as much as they like.

July 15, 2013 at 4:20 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points

Aaah. Am I jumping the gun here. Is this the responsive version the OP is talking about?

July 15, 2013 at 4:23 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

yeh :)

July 15, 2013 at 4:29 pm
  • Louis
    Louis
    Newbie 10 points

Thanks Mark. I am using the DirectoryPress Theme. If you want to see what I mean by the characters running across the Home page please checkout my directory at
    http://LocalBusinessDirectory.co.za

July 15, 2013 at 4:41 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points

ROFL. Pretty ‘xxxxx’ rated!

Wrapping in HTML occurs at the spaces in a sentence. So, unless you are expecting many 100 lettered companies signing up, I wouldn’t be too worried!! 😀

To deomonstrate, pop a space in every 10 letters

July 15, 2013 at 4:48 pm
  • Louis
    Louis
    Newbie 10 points

Ha ha agree very “xxx” rated. I will try and see if it works as you say :)
    Thanks for the quick feedback

July 15, 2013 at 4:57 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 8 points

Mark’s plugin is great. I appreciate what he has done.

July 18, 2013 at 5:04 pm
  • Leo
    Leo
    Senior Member 100 points

Is this plugin available in Responsive Classifieds?

February 7, 2014 at 8:50 am
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points

Available for both. The pro version is a zip file containing both. Works across PP platform.

http://www.limit-press.com/

February 7, 2014 at 9:25 am
  • Leo
    Leo
    Senior Member 100 points

Installed Limit Press WLT Free, but limits only the List Title not the Description. I’m fine with that since the Title is more important. Thanks Mark!

February 8, 2014 at 3:51 am
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team