Let life be a little easier for all of us!

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Let life be a little easier for all of us!

Let life be a little easier for all of us!

July 30, 2013
Errol Errol
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points

Reading the posts on the forum on a daily basis shows that many of us encounter some form of error in more ways than one in our designs and most of it came from lack of knowledge or understanding about the particular theme that we are working with.

We know that the developer is working very hard to improve his new responsive theme and bring it up to a higher standard. There are many knowledgeable individual on this forum; so why not all work together for the next couple of days by trying to answer each other post in the best possible way we can.

This action may able to take the pressure and burden off the developer, and give him ample time to work on improving the theme, create more videos and articles that will help us to understand and improve our site building skills.

This is just a suggestion – what do you think?

Kind Regards,

Errol

July 30, 2013 at 5:08 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

I fully agree, this is what I am always trying to do myself.

Please, I would also like to ask everyone to follow these few steps before posting on the forum:
    1) Watch the video tutorials – http://www.premiumpress.com/videos/
    2) Disable all plugins
    3) reinstall / use the latest version of the theme and WordPress
    4) use child themes for any modifications – http://www.premiumpress.com/gettingstarted/ (scroll down for information on child themes)
    5) search the forum for same/similar issue
    6) if an existing thread was not answered / solved, do not start a new thread
    7) if you have tried all above – it is time to use the forum.
    8) after posting your issue, please be patient, it might take few days before anyone answers/reponds
    9) if users on the community forum are not able to help, you might need to either submit a ticket (for technical issues) or post it on the Job Board (for any customisations)

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Richard

July 30, 2013 at 9:59 pm
  • Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points

A lot of questions are also WordPress related rather than being theme specific. Getting started here: http://codex.wordpress.org/ is invaluable.

I wonder if bbpress has a solved/unsolved forum plugin – would make things easier.

July 31, 2013 at 12:42 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks for your feedback but i think some people will just ask the same questions regardless, iv put notices everywhere about certain issues and yet people still ask the same questions.

I dont think its something that will ever stop or change, it’s just the way some people are.

July 31, 2013 at 1:43 am
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points

@Richard Thanks. The info that you enclosed is a good idea, maybe the developer can disclose this on the “Members Area” Theme & File Download area with an additional title such as “Attention” Please check for new updates and read the following disclosure are something to that effect. This “may or may not” slow down the pace of members to pay some closer attention to updates before running to the forum to vent or post. Even though it stated that many may ask the same questions regardless. (Who knows, it may bring some kind of order on the forum in the long run).

@Aaron Thanks for the info, and if I may add to that… When we the members login to the forum we should spend some time and check the post of other members in our particular theme found in the…

“All Theme Forums,” Recent Replies, Recent Topics and Most Popular Topics found on the right side bar of the Forum page. By taking the time to do this we may realize that someone had post a similar idea where we can either add to the post or reply, and this simple effort could avoid a lot of excess posting on the forum which only confuse the situation more.

@Mark, All I could say to your reply is :) and says Thanks for keep doing what you doing, because without that there would be no (PP) or responsive theme. I don’t know how you do it, but I commend you for your effort listening to all these “voices” on the forum and replying to them.

Maybe you should get a moderator to review the post before it goes viral on the forum and inform us that our post is “Pending Review.” Maybe that would slow things down a bit… I could be wrong and I could be right!

Thanks once again Guys, Have a great day/night, and sorry for the long post “slow day today.” :)

Kind Regards,

July 31, 2013 at 9:10 pm
  • Kiran
    Kiran
    Elite Member 434 points

I too feel that there should be some sort of mechanism / moderator to stream line the content of the forum and act as a hub.

August 1, 2013 at 7:54 am
  • Kiran
    Kiran
    Elite Member 434 points

as new people come into the system they will be newbies after certain time they too know what to do

August 1, 2013 at 7:57 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

once everything moves over to the new responsive framework i think alot of things will get easier in the forum.

figures crossed anyways :)

August 1, 2013 at 7:59 am
  • Sean
    Sean
    Senior Member 199 points

You see, Mark is listening and moderating all at the same time, whilst building the new responsive theme updates and bug fixing. Perhaps he has a twin brother?

Great work Mark.

@Errol,

I for one will try to help out more again on the Forum, just as soon as I get through the busy period of a mad summer rush in Spain. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck to all PPT users. :)

August 1, 2013 at 8:39 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points
    Perhaps he has a twin brother?

lol yeh hes the lazy one!

August 1, 2013 at 9:34 am
  • Sean
    Sean
    Senior Member 199 points

:)

August 1, 2013 at 12:04 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Perhaps he has a twin brother?

Lol, yes, and his name is Never Fail ๐Ÿ˜›

August 1, 2013 at 12:15 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

lol

August 1, 2013 at 12:22 pm
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team