an
groups-icon

Just bought – Couple of questions!

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Dale Miles
    0 points
    Beginner

Hey guys, just bought this theme for my site and I have a couple of questions hoping some one here can answer me before I submit ticket 🙂

I’ve bought this theme to replace the ‘Spotfinder’ theme from BTOA who are no longer in business, and I have a directory site at pokernz.co.nz (currently taken down and have splash image whilst I develop the new site).

My site is a specific niche, as in its a directory of live poker venues in my country. and the custom fields that need to be submitted are quite specific, but seems do able using the custom fields area.

First question: Can I can ‘listing’ word to ‘venues’? So its Add-Venue and Venue description etc.

Second question: on the add listing page, i notice there are like 5 tabs each with different questions in them. Is it possible just to have one tab with all the questions listed?
    Ideally I want to move them about, as “description” wouldn’t really be relevent, and I’d want it at the end as “additional details”

Ideally id like the following order:
    Venue Name (title)
    Venue Location (google map bit)
    Venue Contact Number (text field)
    Venue Type (drop down menu)
    Venue Image (main image for venue)
    Game Nights (check boxes for each day of the week)
    Buy-in (text field)
    Registration Time (text field)
    Start Time (text field)
    Starting Stack (text field)
    Re-buys / Add-ons (check box yes or no)
    Re-buys / Add-on details (text area)
    ‘Bonus’ Chips (check box yes or no)
    ‘Bonus Chip Details (text area)
    Additional Details (description)

Creating all these in the custom fields area seems straight forward, just not sure how i’d go about changing the layout on the add listing page.

Question 3 – given the above information, and I also plan to change colour scheme, and things like the look of text boxes etc, should i create a child theme first?

Cheers folks.
    Looking forward to getting this site back up and running!

November 3, 2014 at 5:08 am
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    November 3, 2014 at 5:22 am
  • Dale Miles
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    November 3, 2014 at 5:39 am
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    November 6, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Views

Replies