groups-icon

Is it worthwhile to stick it out with PP?

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Susan Peach
    109 points
    Silver User
    Bronze User Silver User

Sorry in advance for my little rant, I’m just frustrated.

I purchased the directory theme in 2015 and it’s now 2022 and I still do not have my site live. Between the learning curves (WordPress, Premium Press, Elementor, etc), PP video tutorials that don’t match the current version (tools look and behave differently, are in different places, etc), and lack of communication (no emails about theme updates despite having subscribed to the blog) I’m just not able to make any progress. Every time I think I’m on my way, there’s another update and something breaks, or has been deprecated, or the tutorial videos don’t match what I’m seeing so I have to backtrack.

I’m not a total newbie as I have set up and run a number of successful websites, though on different platforms, but for some reason PP is eluding me. I know what I want the end result to be, but even something as simple as correctly sizing a hero image is frustrating me to no end.

Even though the directory theme in theory offers everything I need, in practice I’m just not able to gain any traction in setting up my site.

I am trying my best to tackle things one step at a time in small bites, but I get stopped so frequently that it’s very difficult to maintain continuity. Before I throw in the towel and give up on my project, does anyone have any words of wisdom, insider tips, or other suggestions for how I can make progress?

June 9, 2022 at 11:43 pm
  • Roy Revill
    15 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    June 13, 2022 at 4:58 pm
  • Shannie Shin
    5 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    June 13, 2022 at 10:39 pm