Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Rob

Improve internal search results

Hi All, Does anyone have tips on improving the internal search results. I guess the themes are using the native search from WP? When I have tried some searches I get zero results. Could this because of the custom taxonomy: ie search would pick up results from normal posts and pages but not from the custom bits? Any suggested plugins or other edits to get better results? Many Thanks, Rob

Created: September 6, 2016 at 12:07 pm

• Josh
    September 6, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Hello Rob,
    The default search/wordpress search only allows you t search titles and description text.Please use the Advanced Search to add more search options

• Rob
    Rob
    September 6, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Thanks Josh – does the advanced search only work with those extra drop-downs?

I would rather take the responsibility away from the user (“don’t make me think” principle).
    ie. One search field / box (like Google :))… and in the back-end I would direct the search engine which taxonomy etc to prioritize surfacing results from.

• Josh
    September 6, 2016 at 2:23 pm

The Advanced Search does allow you to add more options/fields.Please go to Theme Setup >Search Setup to setup your Advanced Search

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments