This is a community support forum where you can ask questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.
I don’t understand why sometimes the listing does not appear properly and does not edit. Seems like the image size is an issue? I don’t know, I’ve tried everything.
Correct listing example: http://3dprintingcentral.com/3d-printing-model/
Problem listing: http://3dprintingcentral.com/cubify/
Why is the description and page in general not showing up correctly?!
Rich, after looking at the links you provided, it looks like the second link points to a ‘page’ or ‘article’ rather than a ‘listing’ – the html structure is completely different. Please check that there is no ‘page’ (under Wp Admin > Pages) with the same name or ‘slug’ as your listing.
Wide range of PremiumPress and WordPress Plugins and add-ons
PremiumPress customisation services and Website Design
Selection of PremiumPress Child Themes
Thanks for your reply. So, no there are no pages with the same name. I am doing everything the same way and sometimes it creates a page and sometime it creates a listing. Not good. II’m still trying to figure it out. Thanks.
How are you creating the listings? Have you tried disabling your plugins? What is your permalink structure?
I have disabled plugins but still getting the same inconsistent results.
Here’s how I add directory listings in admin:
Click on “Directory Listings”
Click on “Add Listing”
Add Title, Short Description, Long Description, Tags and Category
Under Listing Options… add Website Address and Display Image
Save and Publish
Again, I do the same steps to add a directory listing but do not
get consistent results. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Argh.
Permalinks are set to “postname”
It might be some problem with your database table. If you don’t have many listings yet, I would suggest completely reinstall WordPress and DirectoryPress (rebuilding the database from scratch).
Rich, what Ian is referring to is that if you upload the images through the WP image manager and name it the same name as the listing – the image attachment slug will take over the listing slug. Rename the image to something else (even just add some number or letter) and it should start working again.
OK, renaming the image slug works. Thanks.