How to hide or change theme name

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion How to hide or change theme name

How to hide or change theme name

July 9, 2013
Pablo Pablo
  • Pablo
    Pablo
    Newbie 6 points

I am a “realtorpress” customer and was wondering how to hide or change the default “wp-content/themes/realtorpress” path in the wordpress source code.
    I have already tried to rename the theme folder in the host server but some features stop working. I also tried some options to mask my theme files but it did not work for all situations – reference: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/wordpress-url-rewrite/

Can anyone share the best solution for that?

Thanks.

July 9, 2013 at 5:05 pm
  • Pablo
    Pablo
    Newbie 6 points

The solution was to add the plugin “Hide my WP” which can hide partially the theme name. It is not able to hide the links for the path: “/template_realtorpress” so this way you need to make changes in the code, but I gave up of do this.

Other reason is that the website load speed is not so good with this plugin and these changes.

Regards,

Pablo

July 14, 2013 at 1:57 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points

The most important part of changing the template name is updating the file reference in the javascript files.

I have done it in the past for clients, but personally I don’t like credit not going where it is due!!

July 14, 2013 at 2:26 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

As Mark said the paths need to be changed in the actions.js (ajax file), apart from that you should be ok to rename it.

July 14, 2013 at 2:49 pm
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team