Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

How to hide or change theme name

• Pablo
    Pablo
    Newbie 6 points
    July 9, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I am a “realtorpress” customer and was wondering how to hide or change the default “wp-content/themes/realtorpress” path in the wordpress source code.
    I have already tried to rename the theme folder in the host server but some features stop working. I also tried some options to mask my theme files but it did not work for all situations – reference: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/wordpress-url-rewrite/

Can anyone share the best solution for that?

Thanks.

• Pablo
    Pablo
    Newbie 6 points
    July 14, 2013 at 1:57 pm

The solution was to add the plugin “Hide my WP” which can hide partially the theme name. It is not able to hide the links for the path: “/template_realtorpress” so this way you need to make changes in the code, but I gave up of do this.

Other reason is that the website load speed is not so good with this plugin and these changes.

Regards,

Pablo

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points
    July 14, 2013 at 2:26 pm

The most important part of changing the template name is updating the file reference in the javascript files.

I have done it in the past for clients, but personally I don’t like credit not going where it is due!!

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 14, 2013 at 2:49 pm

As Mark said the paths need to be changed in the actions.js (ajax file), apart from that you should be ok to rename it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)