How to filter featured listings by category

• Bharath Kumar
    Newbie 18 points
    August 1, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Hi,

I used to have featured listings working with [LISTINGS dataonly=1 custom=”featured” cat=”id”]. However I have installed 3rd party plug-in (similar to icodes). Not sure whether the problem is because of third party plug-in or not. Now, I am not able to see featured listings using [LISTINGS dataonly=1 custom=”featured”]. However after several attempts with the help of this forum, [LISTINGS query=”meta_key=featured&meta_value=yes” ] is giving me featured listings. But, I am unable to filter by category.

Can someone help me?

Also, in one of the post, I see that we can use [LISTINGS dataonly=1 show=8 custom=”endsooncoupon” ] for expiring coupons. But it shows random listings. Any idea?

Thanks
    Bharath

• zarko
    zarko
    Senior Member 360 points
    August 1, 2016 at 5:58 pm

hi Bharath

Try this shortcode:
    [LISTINGS query=”meta_key=featured&meta_value=yes&taxonomy=listing&term=apples”]

“apples” here will be slug of the category which you want to show. It should display all featured listings from “apples” category

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

• Bharath Kumar
    Newbie 18 points
    August 2, 2016 at 2:21 am

Thanks zarko. It worked perfect. Any idea with regards to expiring soon coupons. How do I achieve that?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 2, 2016 at 6:54 am

Hello Bharath,
    Try this query:
    meta_key=listing_expiry_date&orderby=meta_value&order=desc
    or
    meta_key=listing_expiry_days&orderby=meta_value&order=desc

• Bharath Kumar
    Newbie 18 points
    August 2, 2016 at 11:23 am

Thanks Josh. I tried that… but it didn’t work. I have expiry_date for post rather than listing_expiry_date. It didn’t work with either.

This is what I tried. [LISTINGS query=”meta_key=expiry_date&orderby=meta_value&order=desc” show=4]

Any other clue?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 2, 2016 at 12:30 pm

The queries work only if using Auction Length/Days.If using Listing Packages or setting the expiry date manually then it won’t work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Bharath Kumar
    Newbie 18 points
    August 2, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Hi Josh,

I think Auction length is not applicable for coupon theme. I am still clueless.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes