How I may do it?

• Mohammad
    Mohammad
    Newbie 10 points
    August 8, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Dear
    Can anyone help me to add the birth-year compulsory in registration page and if the subscriber is less then eighteen years old it won’t be possible to register.
    What I may do?

Thanks

• Mohammad
    Mohammad
    Newbie 10 points
    August 9, 2016 at 7:54 am

Is there any update please…

• Hakim
    Hakim
    Newbie 21 points
    August 9, 2016 at 9:10 am

Hi Mohammad

You can add the field.

But I don’t think such a feature is available to stop someone from registering only if you are 18 years old. You probably need customization.
    In any case there is nothing that stops anyone from entering a date that makes them look above 18 unless you are asking them to check some id proof or something.

Better way will be to put in the Terms & Condition that they are above 18 years old.

Just my few cents of advice! 🙂

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 9, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Hello Mohammad,
    There is no option to do this currently.You can only create a date custom field but cannot limit users from registering according to age.Plus as Hakim mentioned above users can still lie about their age

• Mohammad
    Mohammad
    Newbie 10 points
    August 9, 2016 at 3:07 pm

well, i got it but how I may just put date , month and year box as the subscriber put that specific numeric value only.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 9, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Use ‘selection Box’ as Field Type for your Newly created registration field then add your years,see attached images.
    You can also use ‘Input Field’ if you want users to add the date manually.There is no option for users to select dates ie day,month or year

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mohammad
    Mohammad
    Newbie 10 points
    August 9, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Thanks, That’s what exactly what I wanted to know…Thanks a lot for the great solution!

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 9, 2016 at 8:18 pm

You’re welcome Mohammad.Have a great day 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes