How do you emotionally connect to get listings?

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion How do you emotionally connect to get listings?

How do you emotionally connect to get listings?

July 8, 2013
Danielle Danielle
  • Danielle
    Danielle
    Newbie 44 points

Hello everyone!

I wanted to get your opinions- how do you emotionally connect with your users/businesses so that they take the step and sign up & pay to add their business listings to your directories?

I ask because the most successful companies connect emotionally.

Looking forward to your responses!
    Danielle

July 8, 2013 at 5:58 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Start locally, friends/family etc and build up your network slowly.

July 9, 2013 at 3:56 am
  • Danielle
    Danielle
    Newbie 44 points

Thank you for your reply Mark, those are valid points.

I guess I need to be more specific. How do you connect emotionally with potential clients when the only thing they see is your website & your packages page…..?

I would like tips on how to emotionally connect on our packages page so that a potential client turns into an actual client.

Looking forward to responses :)

July 9, 2013 at 5:43 pm

• joseph
    Newbie 7 points

I’m just getting started with local directories, but I plan to have a “who/what/why” short introduction video to push the emotional buttons of small business owners…

July 9, 2013 at 6:42 pm
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

I guess highlighting the support level you can provide and ways to promote their listings.

July 9, 2013 at 7:20 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

You need more than just packages and listings. First get some idea of what your clients are looking for? How will your site benefit them? How is your site different to other sites? What other services do you offer? Does your site appeal your clients? Does the look / design / layout match the clientele you are aiming at? Is the price pitched at the correct level (having too low prices rises suspicion in clients!)?

My personal advise is to make the site look very professional and very elitist – that only certain people will have the privilege to be listed on it. Present it in such a way that people will be asking you to be listed on it.

Some examples:
    http://www.superyachtsdirectory.com/
    http://www.pickledwig.co.uk/
    http://www.harrogate.co.uk/

Kind regards,

Richard

July 9, 2013 at 7:20 pm
  • Danielle
    Danielle
    Newbie 44 points

@ Richard – Thank you for your input :)
    BTW have you been getting any of my emails regarding the article plugin? Because as yet I have had no reply :(
    And how did you get a PR of 3 for two of those examples? Would love some help in that aspect!

July 10, 2013 at 4:02 am
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Newbie 11 points

All great points above.

I think having a strong sales letter with a call to action to at least get them to your page is a good start. Although it’s pricey and time consuming, taking time to research businesses you think would benefit from listing on your site, and contacting them by “snail mail,” might be more personal than an email. The fact that someone took time to write you and mail a letter can help you connect in a way email can’t (just my opinion…I’m old-fashioned!).

From there, on your sales page you connect them to on your website, stress that you are available with any questions or concerns they might have and make it easy for the prospect to reach you. Give a phone number so they feel they can contact your directly and personally. Perhaps include a video sales letter, which allows them to actually see you and that you seem genuine. A video can be almost like connecting face-to-face.

I’m new at this, but these are just some pf my thoughts.

Jen

July 10, 2013 at 12:19 pm
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team