How do we set up products? Listing or Compared product?

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Newbie 23 points
    August 12, 2015 at 1:29 am

Hi, i can’t seem to find any instructions on how to setup the comparison theme.

What’s the difference with adding a listing and adding a compared product?

I noticed the fields are pretty much the same, except the compared product has a store instead of a category.

Thanks

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 12, 2015 at 1:46 am

which theme version?

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Newbie 23 points
    August 12, 2015 at 1:59 am

I’m using Version 8.4 responsive comparison theme

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Newbie 23 points
    August 12, 2015 at 11:24 pm

Can anyone point me to a website where this theme is actually working? ie. The same product’s price is being compared across multiple retailers.

The demo site and default install only compares the price of the product with completely different products in the system.

I can’t get it to compare the price against products the same matching field (eg. Titles or customer fields).

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    August 14, 2015 at 9:49 am

Good question.

With the compared products post type there is a Store taxonomy though this taxonomy isn’t available for the default listing type. I had a quick play around and added a custom function to make it available for the listing post type – while this works you are correct that the compare option doesn’t work as intended without duplicating content in both types.

Not sure if this is intentional.

• Sebastian
    Sebastian
    Newbie 16 points
    August 26, 2015 at 4:31 am

The split in two post types isn’t optimal!

I prefered to not use the “compared product” post type and stay on a search based product comparison as long as the “Custom Field Match” is not available for listings too.

I would be very interested in your custom function aaron :). Do you like to share?

Rergards

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    August 27, 2015 at 11:44 pm

All it does is add the stores taxonomy to the Listings Post type – I am assuming the next version would fix this as currently the theme doesn’t work without it.

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Newbie 23 points
    August 29, 2015 at 11:16 am

That’s why i was curious if anyone used this theme because as it stands, it doesn’t seem to work…

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 30, 2015 at 4:23 am

Hi

Apologises, the sotre ID was entered manually but iv removed the field as it was supposed to be added as a meta box. This has been corrected for next weeks 8.5 update.

• CALLUM
    Newbie 19 points
    September 10, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Any ideas where this 8.5 update is?

Really frustrating that the comparison theme doesn’t actually compare

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 11, 2015 at 6:30 am

@CALLUM comparison works fine, the store display was the only issue for the core item and was resolved in 8.5. You can download it from the members area or check the update option in WP.

• CALLUM
    Newbie 19 points
    September 11, 2015 at 7:36 am

Ignore that last post mark ….
    One of your guys just emailed me,

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes