how can I make a categories dropdown like this in the menu?

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Coupon Theme how can I make a categories dropdown like this in the menu?

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

how can I make a categories dropdown like this in the menu?

August 11, 2014
Kumaresh Kumaresh
  • Kumaresh
    Kumaresh
    Senior Member 120 points

How can I make a categories dropdown like this in the top menu?

where parent categories and child categories can be seen so descent and clear. I don’t know the technical term to call this, but the dropdown should be look like this.

please help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 11, 2014 at 1:51 pm
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points

If I’m correct the fix for this was mention in other posts awhile back – you can look in here or search the forums to the right of the page for category drop down menu you may find an answer.

Regards,

August 11, 2014 at 3:09 pm
  • Kumaresh
    Kumaresh
    Senior Member 120 points

thanks for your reply. sorry to say, but I could not find relevant answer on the link given.

So you are saying, I would require a plugin to make this work?

I don’t see if there is any theme plugin available with it to make it work. How about any separate plugin? can you name of these please?

Thanks for the help.

August 11, 2014 at 5:19 pm
  • Chue
    Chue
    Senior Member 240 points

I think what you want is called WordPress Mega Menu. I used UberMenu and it works great with premiumpress. Here is the link – http://codecanyon.net/item/ubermenu-wordpress-mega-menu-plugin/154703

August 11, 2014 at 5:31 pm
  • Kumaresh
    Kumaresh
    Senior Member 120 points

I guess yes, this will work. thank you :)

well, will this work with Couponpress?

August 11, 2014 at 5:41 pm
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points

@Chue thanks for sharing!

@Kumaresh, sometime if you have the time it is best to set up a test/staging site and test certain products or features to see what kind of effect you will get on your site

Regards,

August 11, 2014 at 7:01 pm
  • Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points

The plugin does work with the coupon theme though from experience it adds a lot of needless queries due to the way integration works – there are also some minor css conflicts, though nothing too major.

August 12, 2014 at 12:33 am
  • Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points

this looks like Uber Menu plugin for $18 on codecanyon.net

August 12, 2014 at 2:34 am
  • hai
    hai
    Newbie 34 points

Mega Main Menu works with coupon theme, check my demo here http://webhostingcoupons.info/

August 12, 2014 at 12:28 pm
  • Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points

@hai; your site through this link does not to have mega menu. It loads very slowly. Your site needs some work. the green area with barely visible sitemap , than links to coupns far lower. You’ve got something screwed up.

August 12, 2014 at 1:22 pm
  • Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points

Hai, I checked your website. Seems your website is down.

Are you using Mega Main Menu – WordPress Menu Plugin? I also purchased this plugin. But there is some compatibility issue with the responsive themes. How did you tackle it? Once this plugin is activated I am unable to modify/edit the home page objects.

August 12, 2014 at 1:24 pm
  • Kumaresh
    Kumaresh
    Senior Member 120 points

since Hai’s website is not working properly and Binesh has also mentioned that Mega Main Menu had some compatibility issue for him, I am afraid if this is the only solution to achieve what I have asked for.

I am in dilemma if to purchase that plugin or not. anyone out there can help please?

August 14, 2014 at 7:58 pm
  • Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points

It works fine if you integrate it manually, Automatic Easy integration has issues.

There is a hook at this location so basically you could do similar to this:

http://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-canvas

August 14, 2014 at 11:59 pm
  • Daniel
    Daniel
    Newbie 44 points

Hey I have just bought the Ubermenu and I am a bit worried about activating it if it messes up all the work I have already done! Aaron- can you clarify the manual integration? I am not very technical. Can this be done easily without coding or technical know-how?

Thanks

August 19, 2014 at 9:02 am
  • Kumaresh
    Kumaresh
    Senior Member 120 points

Hi Daniel,

since you have already purchased it, did you get a chance to implement in on your website?

Can you help us with the URL of your website to get a better understanding, how does it actually look on premium press websites.

August 22, 2014 at 12:00 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team