Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

how can I make a categories dropdown like this in the menu?

• Kumaresh
    Kumaresh
    Senior Member 120 points
    August 11, 2014 at 1:51 pm

How can I make a categories dropdown like this in the top menu?

where parent categories and child categories can be seen so descent and clear. I don’t know the technical term to call this, but the dropdown should be look like this.

please help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    August 11, 2014 at 3:09 pm

If I’m correct the fix for this was mention in other posts awhile back – you can look in here or search the forums to the right of the page for category drop down menu you may find an answer.

Regards,

• Kumaresh
    Kumaresh
    Senior Member 120 points
    August 11, 2014 at 5:19 pm

thanks for your reply. sorry to say, but I could not find relevant answer on the link given.

So you are saying, I would require a plugin to make this work?

I don’t see if there is any theme plugin available with it to make it work. How about any separate plugin? can you name of these please?

Thanks for the help.

• Chue
    Chue
    Senior Member 240 points
    August 11, 2014 at 5:31 pm

I think what you want is called WordPress Mega Menu. I used UberMenu and it works great with premiumpress. Here is the link – http://codecanyon.net/item/ubermenu-wordpress-mega-menu-plugin/154703

• Kumaresh
    Kumaresh
    Senior Member 120 points
    August 11, 2014 at 5:41 pm

I guess yes, this will work. thank you :)

well, will this work with Couponpress?

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    August 11, 2014 at 7:01 pm

@Chue thanks for sharing!

@Kumaresh, sometime if you have the time it is best to set up a test/staging site and test certain products or features to see what kind of effect you will get on your site

Regards,

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points
    August 12, 2014 at 12:33 am

The plugin does work with the coupon theme though from experience it adds a lot of needless queries due to the way integration works – there are also some minor css conflicts, though nothing too major.

• Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points
    August 12, 2014 at 2:34 am

this looks like Uber Menu plugin for $18 on codecanyon.net

• hai
    hai
    Newbie 34 points
    August 12, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Mega Main Menu works with coupon theme, check my demo here http://webhostingcoupons.info/

• Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points
    August 12, 2014 at 1:22 pm

@hai; your site through this link does not to have mega menu. It loads very slowly. Your site needs some work. the green area with barely visible sitemap , than links to coupns far lower. You’ve got something screwed up.

• Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points
    August 12, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Hai, I checked your website. Seems your website is down.

Are you using Mega Main Menu – WordPress Menu Plugin? I also purchased this plugin. But there is some compatibility issue with the responsive themes. How did you tackle it? Once this plugin is activated I am unable to modify/edit the home page objects.

• Kumaresh
    Kumaresh
    Senior Member 120 points
    August 14, 2014 at 7:58 pm

since Hai’s website is not working properly and Binesh has also mentioned that Mega Main Menu had some compatibility issue for him, I am afraid if this is the only solution to achieve what I have asked for.

I am in dilemma if to purchase that plugin or not. anyone out there can help please?

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points
    August 14, 2014 at 11:59 pm

It works fine if you integrate it manually, Automatic Easy integration has issues.

There is a hook at this location so basically you could do similar to this:

http://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-canvas

• Daniel
    Daniel
    Newbie 44 points
    August 19, 2014 at 9:02 am

Hey I have just bought the Ubermenu and I am a bit worried about activating it if it messes up all the work I have already done! Aaron- can you clarify the manual integration? I am not very technical. Can this be done easily without coding or technical know-how?

Thanks

• Kumaresh
    Kumaresh
    Senior Member 120 points
    August 22, 2014 at 12:00 am

Hi Daniel,

since you have already purchased it, did you get a chance to implement in on your website?

Can you help us with the URL of your website to get a better understanding, how does it actually look on premium press websites.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)