an
groups-icon

How can I change my widget colors? Options not working…

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Rebekah Staton
    0 points
    Beginner

A few weeks ago I was told that to change my widget colors, I needed to get the “Color Options” plugin… which I did. After this I was told it was not working because I did not have the 8.9 version. (At the time 8.9 was not available to me.) Then someone else said to watch a video about CSS HERE and I found it to be incomplete. I became very frustrated and gave up for a while.

Over the weekend, I saw the 8.9 was available and upgraded to it. In doing so, neither the Design Options in “Customizations” nor Color Options “plugin” work in changing my widget colors. I tried everything before contacting you.

I located another more complete video HERE and found that “Theme Options” is not available in your theme and that the CSS editor is not the same. However, I trudged ahead all the same.

I followed carefully the instructions from the video and added the new CSS code in both the Color Options plugin area and in the CSS editor page. Neither one works. I may have used the wrong code but I don’t think that’s the problem. Maybe I am entering it in the wrong place, anyhow here is the code I used:

core_widgets_categories_panel-heading {
    color: #7b842b !important;
    border-color: #47430e;
    font-size: 28px;
    font-family: “Josefin Sans Std Light”, “Century Gothic”, Verdana, sans-serif;
    text-color: #ffffff;
    }
    core_advanced_search_widget_box .panel-heading {
    color: #7b842b !important;
    border-color: #47430e;
    font-size: 28px;
    font-family: “Josefin Sans Std Light”, “Century Gothic”, Verdana, sans-serif;
    text-color: #ffffff;
    }

My website is HERE … Notice the “Advance Search” widget and the “Categories” widgets have different color schemes. They were both changed using the exact same colors and this is how they came out.

HELP! I’ve wasted a lot of time with this.

I do appreciate all the new videos. They have been very helpful…

February 1, 2016 at 6:44 pm
  • Mark Fail
    11,847 points
    Platinum User
    Bronze User Silver User Gold User Platinum User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    February 1, 2016 at 11:58 pm

Views

Replies