Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Help

July 29, 2013
robert robert
  • robert
    robert
    Newbie 11 points

Just trying to create a site that allows users to create a listing about themselves and have this listing come up in a search. Plain and simple (for now). Need to customize the listing form. I see bits and pieces of doing this in DP but I’m about to abandon DP to something that would seem more logical in its creation. Tutorials, if they work or found are of little help. Knowledgebase, absent. I am not a developer, but have created websites before. Thought this would be more intuitive. Any assistance would be of great value. Thanks

July 29, 2013 at 1:51 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Maybe ResumePress might be more suitable for such task? http://www.premiumpress.com/demowebsite/?t=resumepress

Kind regards,

Richard

July 29, 2013 at 2:58 pm
  • robert
    robert
    Newbie 11 points

Perhaps, but I’m trying to create a searchable directory of professionals with relative articles about their work. I think DP is the right template at least it is advertised as such. Just don’t see how to do it with the way this is set up.

July 29, 2013 at 3:25 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

So what are you find difficult to setup?

July 29, 2013 at 3:44 pm
  • robert
    robert
    Newbie 11 points

I can’t create/find the page that users will enter their information that creates their searchable listing.

July 29, 2013 at 4:09 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

It is the /submit/ page

July 29, 2013 at 6:07 pm
  • robert
    robert
    Newbie 11 points

thanks Richard for hangin in there with me. yes i see that but I don’t see any tools to edit/customize this page other than writing in some text. I need to create new fields. Is this possible or do i need to be able to write code.

July 30, 2013 at 12:05 pm
  • robert
    robert
    Newbie 11 points

OK I see you can do this in the submission section. Can I disable/delete some of the present fields?

July 30, 2013 at 12:21 pm
  • robert
    robert
    Newbie 11 points

Nevermind. Nothing like answering your own posts!

July 30, 2013 at 12:23 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

:)

July 30, 2013 at 12:39 pm
  • robert
    robert
    Newbie 11 points

OK got the customized listing form, however i cannot find a way to remove the default heading “additional details” which has moved up to the top slot despite having another #1 heading???

July 30, 2013 at 1:42 pm
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team