For some reason this is the issue.
Google Geo Location with Api Code Not Working Two sites.
Google Geo Location without Api Code Working.
When I go to change location it comes up with a error.
It says to check the Java Script
Yes I put a Browser Api Code in just like it said.
Here is the Error
Ok found the directions which are awesome by the way
How to setup a Google Maps API Key for WordPress
it worked perfect but it still not working.
Please help when you can
I even tried a different theme and it is still having the error code
help please ?
Ok the no replies is starting to give me a complex and take this a bit personal. Will someone please reply to this thread to direct me on how to get this fixed as I am ready to bail.
Hello Salvatore, I think you should open a ticket >>https://s.premiumpress.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Thanks for the reply Josh,
I did that and did a little research into this.
I took the liberty to locate a new Map company as this is the third or fourth time google has gone through this.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=4/48.63/4.48 https://www.mapbox.com/about/maps/ https://leafletjs.com/ https://mapzen.com/
needless to say this is just a few options so tired of google maps doing this. please find on that is a replacement this is more than a pain.
OK finally found the issue at Google Api Please Update the Directions to reflect it
OK I finally found the issue on the Google Api Console
This is the example they give you for a url for the relay as a catch all it usually works.
*.exampleurl.com/* https://exampleurl.com/ : “is what it needs to be to work.
Google needs to update its own directions again way to go Obama
don’t forget to add the https:// for your secure traffic or the maps will not function properly.
Don’t know why they changed this just know that you have to have the instance for each url for it to work.
PS: Hope this is useful and helpful to others 🙂
Thanks Obama 🙂
https://exampleurl.com/* : this what it needs to be to work don’t forget the *
Thanks for sharing Salvatore 🙂
Glad to help the community happy to have figured it out !!
I figured out the reason for the change as well. Remember all the security breaches with the millions of people that had their health information compromised. The * is a catch all so any traffic / query from that is taken as such. So what i am figuring is someone figured out that they could use that to query other information as well. Hence the change!! Now that is speculation yet I do believe that is the only reason for changing something it had to be a security issue.
So now we have to put the
https:// and https:// in front to allow only those queries. Now this is speculation but I figure it is most likely spot on.
Start your new website today!