Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

? Getting Packages Seen by Unregistered Visitors : How To?

• Claudia
    Claudia
    Newbie 70 points
    July 27, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I have four listing packages created that show fine to logged in, registered visitors.

I would like that exact same info/page that they see to choose to make a purchase, seen by random, unregistered visitors to my site so they can know, prior to registration if they are interested in listings offered.

I have set in:
    >Submission >Setup Options >Visitors Must Login: “No”

….which according to the info. in the popup for that option, “This will force visitors to login before they can submit a new listing. If you set this to ‘No’ and the visitors doesnt have an account, the system will automatically create one for them after they submit a listing.”

But, I don’t see how they can submit a listing first. When an unregistered visitor clicks the List Your Business link on my site (i just changed the name from Submit to this, but the content is the original) the registration form still comes up instead of listing choices.

Here is my site:
    http://christiansinbusinessdirectory.com/

Can someone give me a tip on this please?

The main goal of my site is to get business owners to buy listings. I have no intent on charging for memberships or offering extras to certain membership levels, etc. and so I would like it as quick and easy for them to start creating an ad and get listed.

Thank you!
    Claudia Beck

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    July 27, 2013 at 11:04 pm

This is due to how you have your memberships setup. If you disable memberships, you will see the listing packages even for non registered users.

Kind regards,

Richard

• Claudia
    Claudia
    Newbie 70 points
    July 28, 2013 at 4:15 am

Okay, so – I went to: >Memberships and
    under >Memberships set ‘Diable’
    under >Registration set ‘Don’t Display’
    under >My Account set ‘Don’t Display’

logged out, refreshed multiple times my home page and then clicked: List Your Business

Still came up with the :
    —- Access Denied – Please Upgrade
    Access to this page is denied for your membership level. Please upgrade to a different membership to access this page. —-

So I went back to Memberships and deleted the one membership I had previously created, saved, logged out, and I am still getting this rather than the Listings Options I set up.

Under >Submissions >Setup Options I have set ‘Visitors Must Login’ to ‘No’.

Under >Submissions >Packages I have ‘Enable Packages’ and ‘Force Membership’ selected.

Am I missing some other setting now?????

Thanx!
    Claudia

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    July 28, 2013 at 8:52 am

Under >Submissions >Packages I have ‘Enable Packages’ and ‘Force Membership’ selected.

It is the ‘Force Membership’ – it ‘forces’ people to register before they can submit (view packages).

• Claudia
    Claudia
    Newbie 70 points
    July 30, 2013 at 3:48 am

Whew! Okay, thanx! got this one going. So many settings, in so many places. :(

That is actually why I purchased this script – LOL! – was because it offered so much more than others. Just got to get to know my way around.

Thank you. :)

• Claudia
    Claudia
    Newbie 70 points
    July 30, 2013 at 4:55 am

One more question please, while we are on this topic:

If I turn OFF registrations = >General Setup >System >User Registration, >Registration – Enabled or Disabled will folks who purchased listings still be able to register after purchasing a listing?

I am trying to stop visitors from registering if they have NOT purchased a listing on my site.

Thanx!

• Frantz
    Frantz
    Newbie 2 points
    August 1, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Anyone Help please
    I am having problem displaying menbership packages in my registration page.
    Although I enable it from the display option, it still doesn’t work.

• Claudia
    Claudia
    Newbie 70 points
    August 7, 2013 at 4:10 am

Hi – you need to actually create the membership packages too. Did you do that?

On the >Membership Packages page >Package Name section (to the right of the enable area) you need to key in a package name, then click Save Changes. Then go back to that area and click the Show/Hide Options and fill that out then save it again.

Then you will have a package or packages to show. You can do just one. And you can charge for it or not.

See if that helps!?!?!? get them to show up. :)

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    August 7, 2013 at 7:31 am

thanks for sharing Claudia

• Claudia
    Claudia
    Newbie 70 points
    September 18, 2013 at 4:40 am

Now I am trying to do the same setup with my Responsive DP theme.

I have deleted all the Example memberships. And not set up any new ones.

Under >General Settings >Submission Settings >Allow Visitor Submissions turned on.

But cannot get my Listing Packages to show unless I enable under >Gen Settings >Registration >Allow Visitors to Register Accounts.

I don’t want visitors to register accounts. I only want folks who pay for listings to have accounts and that is after they order their ad. So in essence I need the Force Membership setting. But I cannot find anything like that now. :(

And I don’t want someone to be able to just randomly create an account and then never order an ad.

Something I missed again maybe????

Thanx! anyone. :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)