Front Page Exposure – How to Display This Feature?

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 22, 2013 at 3:49 am

Hi all,

I have the “Front Page Exposure” as an optional listing enhancement addon. If someone purchases this, what do I need to do to ensure that the listing shows on the front page?

Is this automatic if someone chooses this? Or do I need to set up something special on my home page layout?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 22, 2013 at 3:57 am

the idea of this is that a flag (custom field) is set which you can use yourself in your queries.

name: frontpage
    value: yes or no

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 22, 2013 at 11:44 am

Ok ,so I need to create a custom query using the theme’s shortcodes. Then put that query into a widget on the frontpage area?

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 22, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Ok, I got it. For other wondering, here’s what I did…

First, make sure that your listing actually has been set as having the Front Page designation. If “Front Page” is included in your listing packages through a Listing Enhancement, this will be set automatically when the listing is created.

If you’re testing with a listing that doesn’t already have the Front Page designation, simply edit a listing and set this to “yes”.

Now go to Display Settings–>Home Page–>Layouts and Objects and choose one of those objects to include on the front page. In my case, I choose an additional “Recent Listings” object.

I then changed that to say “Featured Professionals” and then entered this query:
    meta_key=frontpage&meta_value=yes

Make sure to hit “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page, and presto…all listings with the “front page” listing enhancement are shown:)

In my case, I’m listing these in the grid format, and then the regular recent listings below that in a standard list.

• Radek
    Radek
    Newbie 36 points
    August 28, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Mark post like this you should move to FAQ.
    PS: For me dont work any of Forum Navigation right. I cant even find my listings etc 🙁

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 29, 2013 at 2:34 am

Thanks ill see what i can do.

• Joe
    Joe
    Newbie 23 points
    June 29, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Thank you Adam, very helpful!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes