WordPress Business Themes › Forums › Version 7 Themes › DirectoryPress › FAQ Section … ???
Where/How does the FAQ section fit into the greater scheme of things?
I see it in my admin menu as what seems like a Custom Post Type (Like Article Manager)
But unlike Article Manager it is not offered as a “page” or tick option in the WP Menu Setup.
And I can not find any settings/switches to activate or manage it anywhere in the theme settings …
Am I blind or just missing something?
Please help … thanks.
FAQ is just a spare part, if you want to use it you can however alot of people dont.
Is there no documentation/video/instructions/ setting at all … ?!
I am trying to understand …
– why it was created
– where/how to use it … besides the simple answer of “it is a Frequently Asked Questions section.
– how does it get “integrated”
I certainly need/can use a FAQ section … but how do I use this …?
How is it better, or of any more use than simply creating my own FAQ page with sub-pages?
A “spare part” is something that “fits” somewhere … where does the FAQ section “fit in”?
Sorry about this … just trying to find out if I am missing something obvious.
AHHhhh … think I just found it.
It’s a Page Template!
With an Accordion-based “master page”
Is that it?
It looks Great!
In widgets > Article/FAQ Page Sidebar “box”
– Says “This is the right column sidebar for your website ARTICLES/FAQ PAGES.”, but in Display Settings there is only a setting for “Article Page Column Layout” and that does not seem to work either as it doesn’t change when “right” or “both” sidebars are activated.
– There is no setting anywhere for the FAQ Column Layout … and widgets don’t appear on the FAQ “Master Page” (stays empty)
FAQ page will be a normal page so widgets will show up for your pages.
Sorry Mark, I don’t understand you.
– widgets showing on my “normal” page does NOT show up in/on the FAQ sidebar
Included screenshots of “Home” page and when FAQ is clicked …
– no widget showing in FAQ sidebar (just message to admin)
Thanks Mark, got it working under “Page Column Layout” instead of “Article Page Column Layout”which I now realise is probably what you meant.
Submit your feature requests to our ideas board and it could be included in a future theme update.
or contact our support team