expired memberships

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

expired memberships

March 14, 2016
Brenda Brenda
  • Brenda
    Brenda
    Newbie 33 points

Is there a way to have an expired membership not go into their account area until they renew it? As it sits now, all expired memberships have access to their account area. I totally don’t want that, they should have to renew their membership first; as I have account links to other stuff I prefer not to allow them to use without renewing their membership.

I don’t want their account to be deleted; as they will have to renew it, and that’s a lot of work for them. Is there perhaps another membership plugin that works well with Premiumpress Themes? Setting to pending doesn’t change things, no matter what I do, they get to access their expired account.

Brenda

March 14, 2016 at 4:50 pm
  • Brenda
    Brenda
    Newbie 33 points

Oh, one other thing, the advertising spots, if they choose one, pay for it, and it expires, they can renew it without paying for another spot. I know its beta, but that’s an issue that needs address too..

March 14, 2016 at 4:52 pm

• maximiliano
    Newbie 2 points

HELLO

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

THERE’S A SOLUTION ?

May 6, 2017 at 4:59 am

• maximiliano
    Newbie 2 points

PLEASE

May 6, 2017 at 4:59 am
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 336 points

Never has been addressed as we still have this issue. Anyone have suggestions as it seems this is a huge flaw in the micro jobs and such themes. Anyone?

March 19, 2019 at 2:33 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

Hello All,

Try adding this to your _functions.php and see if it helps:

/**
     * Restrict login if no active membership
     * Fired by authenticate action hook.
     * @access public
     * @param WP_Object $user
     * @param string $username
     * @param string $password
     * @return object (either WP_Object or WP_Error)
     */
    add_filter( 'authenticate', 'check_active_account', 30, 3);
    function check_active_account($user, $username, $password) {
        global  $CORE;
        $subs = get_user_meta($user->ID, 'wlt_subscription',true);
        if(is_array($subs)){
            $validate_sub = $CORE->date_timediff($subs['date_expires'],'');
            $expired = $validate_sub['expired'];
            // Display message why denied
            return ($expired)?new WP_Error( 'broke', __( "Membership Not Active", "premiumpress" ) ):$user;
        }
    }

Note: Test it to make sure it covers the situations you need. It may need to be tweaked.

March 19, 2019 at 9:18 pm
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 336 points

Thank you where do we add it in that file?

March 20, 2019 at 7:50 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

@Anthony
    If you’re referring to the code for the _functions.php then just put it at the bottom above the closing PHP tag ?>.

March 20, 2019 at 10:18 pm
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 336 points

Thanks James LOL but when you say closing PHP Tag ?> Where is that?

We guess you mean the last ?> symbol at bottom of script which is <?php echo $name; ?>’; }

Exactly where do you mean? Sorry as shared we are not coders and this does not clarify where to cut and paste this patch? below it before the } before the ‘; between the ‘: and } or????? there is additional code after the final closing php tag as you call it or ?> but no more ?> symbols….

March 21, 2019 at 12:49 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

Where is that?

Yes, at the very bottom of the page (see image for example).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 21, 2019 at 1:30 am
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 336 points

Thanks we can not locate that file _functions.php in our MJ 8.9.7

March 21, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

Hello Anthony

Thanks we can not locate that file _functions.php in our MJ 8.9.7

As stated in another post, all of the answers I’ve responded to refer strictly to v9 themes,

March 21, 2019 at 11:27 pm
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 336 points

Yes we got that and THANK YOU so much sir. We just replied to that post.

Just can not figure out which file to add your code / patch / hook supplied to force people to renew their memberships upon expiration or was that ti stop them form logging in. Then the question is how do they renew if they can nit login? lol We do not see a _function.php file in MJ 8.9.7. :–(

Shocked this is not a HUGE issue with Mark and the team. It defeats the purpose of memberships and the theme in general. Are we wrong here? https://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/micro-job-memberships-must-be-free/

March 22, 2019 at 1:16 am
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 336 points

Thanks so much again. if anyone else has suggestions on this renewal of membership issues there are several of us in need of a solution for expired memberships in MJ. This is just crazy that a theme does not force membership renewal once expired NOR give the admin a heads-up via email when the member expires. Are we missing something here from you other users? Do users really get a free membership after it expires until they click the renew button in good faith and make payment? Really?

March 22, 2019 at 2:50 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

@Anthony
    I seriously doubt there is or will be further development with any of pre version 9 themes. For reasons I’ve stated earlier.

Good news is that it would be a similar process as v9 using a slightly altered function to place in the _functions.php file.

However, if you like I could create a plugin to handle this for you. I’m assuming there may be other v8 users that need something similar. Could even add settings if needed, but I would need to know what setting and it’s purpose (.e. depending on the membership be able to select a particular page to be redirected to… etc). Would require all setting considerations you would like before I begin though.

Note: The plugin shouldn’t use any more resources than needed, so there won’t be too much, if any, difference using the plugin or adding the changes manually.

March 22, 2019 at 3:44 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team