LIMITED OFFER: Save $200 Today! - Get All Themes For $199 -- Learn More

Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Employee press bidding

• Daniel
    Daniel
    Newbie 1 points
    February 11, 2014 at 6:58 am

Hi, I am using employeepress and debating using another theme . The reason for that is because when job seekers apply for jobs, they have to pay to ‘bid’ for a job.

Is there anyway that can be taken off or the option made available for a job seeker to simply send off their resume?

Danny

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,885 points
    February 11, 2014 at 9:09 am

im afraid not, you could do it but you would have to customize the theme.

• Daniel
    Daniel
    Newbie 1 points
    February 11, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Thanks for the quick response mark.

If I customize the theme, will it have an effect I the remainder of the theme?
    Everything is how I want it except for that part mentioned above

• Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 2 points
    February 24, 2014 at 3:09 am

Hi Mark

How do you expect this theme to work as a job board if the basic requirements, an “apply” button aren’t part of the standard layout. Its like having an online shop that doesn’t allow customers to buy !!! How do you expect this theme to show up in the wp job board solution listings if candidates can’t even apply for jobs. Customers will laugh at the idea of posting jobs on a site that applicants can’t apply for !!!

I bought the pp vip solution because it was user friendly for non techies, and you are now moving into the area of customisation and coding which, for your loyal supporters is not development, its costly, time consuming, unmanageable and kills your usp.

I am moving back to the standard employeepress theme with my sites as wptouch gives me a mobile solution and, although graphically outdated, it allows applicants to actually apply for jobs and clients to feed their jobs onto my site.

good luck with the further responsive development, I hope to see a useable version out one day.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,885 points
    February 24, 2014 at 6:28 am

Hi Paul

This theme is still in early days, it was only released a month ago. 6.3 has added alot of new changes and it will continue to be developed.

• Subburaman
    Subburaman
    Newbie 3 points
    April 10, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Hi,

This is my job board theme
    <http://jobs.icytundra.ca&gt;
    jobs.icytundra.ca

The job board themes look good but something we can see incomplete.

For any job board job seeker need to apply for that job. And it is the only way where the employer see the details from where the job application comes.

I am seeing the applied jobs menu / folder but could not see the menu to apply for any job.

There are two options I suggest here for Marks.
    Customization by individuals will result expensive and even it become useless when premiumpress themes go for newer versions.

1. Marks may add some more essential features making as less / no requirement for customization.

2. Marks may develop a team either in your group or third parties to create a variety of add ons for all premium press themes ( as plug ins or otherway) so that the users get maximum features by buying add ons at a low cost (than individual customization). Improvement in add ons also easy as they are commonly used by customer.

Any new ideas from members also helpful to reduce individual customizations.

Thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)