is there a video – showing how to instal the DT theme?? When I download the theme to my computer – the folder opens up – and there are many files…. I’m not sure what to do….
The getting started videos – all start with the theme already installed.
I have the older Directory Press – and have just purchased the Responsive theme – so am trying to instal the DT responsive.
Would appreciate any help…..
Thanks in advance
1) Install WordPress in your ‘www’ domain
2) Go into your WordPress Install (online) and go to ‘Admin’ and then go to ‘Appearance’ and then ‘Themes’
3) Click on ‘Add New’ (to add a new theme)
4) Click on ‘Upload Theme’
5) Click the ‘Chose File’ and then navigate to the themes ‘.zip’ file and click it (do not unpack it on your pc/mac)
6) Finally, click ‘install’
7) WordPress will now do all the work> unpack it and install it
8) WAIT untill WordPress tells you that its all done (2 mins)
9) When you have seen the message that its all done go to ‘Theme Options’
10) Grab a coffee, and just play – DON’T DO ANYTHING, just play, get familiar with all the settings.
11) Before posting a question, do a search for your question first as its most likely that someone, somewhere has asked and answered it.
12) More info here : https://www.premiumpress.com/videos/
Welcome and Enjoy! 😉
Start your new website today!