Directory Child Theme 9: Spartak (How to Add Code Manually inside Child Theme)

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Directory Child Theme 9: Spartak (How to Add Code Manually inside Child Theme)

Directory Child Theme 9: Spartak (How to Add Code Manually inside Child Theme)

December 4, 2018
 Naveed

• Naveed
    Newbie 37 points

Hi,
    I successfully transferred my old listings to DT9. I am using ACF Pro to add multiple address of offices inside one listing using ACF Pro. Before with DT8, I used child theme and added a piece of code to call the ACF Pro fields inside the theme and it was working fine. Now after moving the website to DT9, I can’t add php code inside the child theme.

I asked the Support few days back, to add ACF Pro (Advanced Custom Fields) code manually inside the theme single-listing.php file inside DT9/_directory folder. Obviously editing main theme is not good. I installed a child theme.
    I copied same file inside that child-theme inside same directory structure, i.e. child-theme/_directory/single-listing.php but it doesn’t work.
    I copied inside child-theme direct directory i.e. child-theme/single-listing.php it doesn’t work.
    Also tried with child-theme/_single-listing.php. No use.

I didn’t put any long code yet inside single-listing.php yet… Just putting HELLO to see if Child Theme loads the file or not.
    I asked support again, the lady said to put inside the main theme single-listing.php (That’s not good)

December 4, 2018 at 6:31 am

• Naveed
    Newbie 37 points

I have tried same stuff with
    [CHILD] 13. Gym & Fitness
    but still same stuff. single-lisitng.php doesn’t load.
    I think I have to wait for Child-Themes to get updated as well. :(

December 4, 2018 at 6:40 am

• Naveed
    Newbie 37 points

I managed to make ACF Pro work the using shortcode even with repeater field. So I don’t need to edit the child theme now. So now everything seems to be working fine now.
    If anyone needs my help, ping me :)

December 4, 2018 at 10:13 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks for updating.

December 6, 2018 at 1:08 am
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team