Jason

Deleting All Images From Front End Listings Not Working

Version 8.9.7 DT From front end listings, when having multiple images and try to delete most or all, it seems to only delete a few each time. I know works flawlessly from backend but subscribers (Listing Authors) don't have access to backend. Example, 5 or 10 images uploaded via frontend and then try to delete either 5 or 8 or all of them, it only removes a few each time and Listing Author needs to keep EDITING LISTING until all are gone. Who else knows about this and has this issue. This is tested from full clean install.

Created: August 21, 2018 at 10:11 pm
  • In: Directory Theme
  • Started by: JasonJason
  • 3 members left 28 comments
  • Last reply from: JamesDJamesD

• JamesD
    JamesD
    August 22, 2018 at 6:42 pm

@Jason

Haven’t been able to reproduce it on my end and appears to be working fine.

See if the attached file helps: Rename your current / file and put the attached file in it’s place.

Only one line was added (#40) to clear up warnings.

Note: If you’re using a child theme then I believe you can place it in there instead.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    August 22, 2018 at 7:16 pm

@Jason
    If the file doesn’t help then I’d recommend turning WP Debug ON and see what errors are being displayed when you go and try to delete mass images. If you have access you could check the server error logs too.

• Jason
    Jason
    August 22, 2018 at 9:20 pm

I tried yr file, didnt make difference

Here is the debug from orig file attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    August 22, 2018 at 10:47 pm

@Jason
    Thanks,
    Funny, I did run across those errors the other day. So I think I should be able to reproduce it.

• Jason
    Jason
    August 22, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Ya know what, I just tested on Internet Explorer and Chrome, and yes they all do delete, but using FIREFOX for some reason wont delete all images.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    August 22, 2018 at 10:54 pm

Thanks for the update Jason. Yeah, I typically use Chrome, but I have the others for testing purposes.

• Jason
    Jason
    August 22, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Something telling me we have a problem with on Firefox

• JamesD
    JamesD
    August 22, 2018 at 11:25 pm

I agree, I’m having weird issues with FF too.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    August 23, 2018 at 2:25 am

@Jason
    Got it working properly in FF now. Not sure if you’re dealing with the same.

In the / file I replaced the line $data = ""; with $data = array(); on line #25

Note: I did run across a handful of files throwing various errors that I fixed along the way. I’m also running PHP which throws a few more errors than earlier php 7.

• Jason
    Jason
    August 23, 2018 at 3:47 am

Ya got a lil screen snap ?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    August 23, 2018 at 4:04 am

Ya got a lil screen snap ?
    Are you referring to the line change?

Also, are you using a child theme? If so, which one?

• Jason
    Jason
    August 23, 2018 at 4:31 am

nope, thing still leaving images behind, making a 10 image listing still takes 3-4 edits to remove all images on firefox

• JamesD
    JamesD
    August 23, 2018 at 9:33 pm

@Jason
    Without actually digging around the code/data that you’re using I’m not too sure.

The way exceptions and errors are handled now are different in versions in PHP 7+ (even more in the recent PHP versions like & ). PHP 6 and below were a little more forgiving .

If you take look at the log you’ll see how all of those exceptions are labeled as “Notices”. Before these types of exceptions were mainly “hidden/silent” unless a setting was set to displayed them,. Now they can break a page… even if it’s a minor notice.

The common denominator I’ve seen through this is that most, if not all, have been broke by simple PHP notices, so I’m thinking if you can silence them then that will allow the page not to break and complete what it’s supposed to do.

With that said, the last thing I can think of you can try is adding error_reporting(0); to the top of the two files listed in the debug log: / and /DT/framework/.
    Just put it right at the top after the beginning <?php
    After adding that line the top of the page would look like this:
    <?php
    error_reporting(0);
    This should turn off the error display on those pages (only).

Hopefully this will allow the page to process for you.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)