Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Default Country change

• Daniela
    Daniela
    Newbie 53 points
    July 9, 2013 at 8:54 am

Shopperpress
    I would like to change the default country from “United Kingdom” to “Deutschland”.
    Where can this be done?
    Thank You best regards, Daniela

• Daniela
    Daniela
    Newbie 53 points
    July 10, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Anyone?

I know this is an old topic, but since the old forum is gone, this has to be overthought anew, i’m afraid..

best regards Daniela

• Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    July 11, 2013 at 1:36 am

So, the default language?

• Daniela
    Daniela
    Newbie 53 points
    July 11, 2013 at 6:21 am

After your hint, I put into wp-config.php the “de_DE”.

Important: you have to “update” one country -entry in DirectoryListings/Country/State/City, so that the Ajax Function find county in the country will work again.

Now the default country “United Kingdom” is gone, insteadt — is default. Still strange: I have modified the country list, so that “Germany” should come first.
    But doesnt, seems WP uses (still, must have been like this bevore) another countrylist. I would like to find out which one.

Thank you, best ragards, Daniela

• Daniela
    Daniela
    Newbie 53 points
    July 11, 2013 at 7:00 am

Thought it over – the countries etc. are stored in one of the WordPress-Tables in the database. I tried it.

So the _countrylist.php serves another purpose or is not setup correctly to replace the normal countrylist.?

Does anyone know how to bring the _countrylist.php into working or to setup a default in the normal wordpress countrylist?
    Furthermore to hide the entry-count for each country (“Afghanistan – 0” etc..)

Thank you best regards Daniela

• Daniela
    Daniela
    Newbie 53 points
    July 11, 2013 at 9:46 am

Ah – now I observed, that the _countrylist.php is for the members, and the countries, stored in wordpress (that are like categories for the articles) , are for the articles.

I have to admitt, that never ocurred to me. I use these great! themes and wordpress now 1 year, but still discover.

Is there a way to use the _countrylist.php for the articles also (since the articles are written or submitted by the members, that would make sense, I think?)

Thank you, Best regards , Daniela

• Daniela
    Daniela
    Newbie 53 points
    July 11, 2013 at 11:05 am

For anyone whom that may help:

the wordpress countries/states/Cities are like any taxonomy; the counter can be switched off by ticking Directorypress/general setup/category/category count:hide

One way to put your chosen country first (without deleting all others) is to name it differently, f.i. “1. Deutschland” .

I have to admitt this doesnt look good in the category-widget-box, showing 1.Deutschland instead of the name simply. But it works.

best regards, Daniela

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)