Customer upload image not working

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes ClassifiedsTheme Customer upload image not working

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Customer upload image not working

December 14, 2013
Tara Tara
  • Tara
    Tara
    Newbie 19 points

We have recently launched this new site with the Classified theme. Since we’ve opened it to the public, we’ve had new ads coming in. Of the 5 that are new, only 2 of them display the photos properly. (1 I fixed so now that makes 3) The other 2 do not display any photos even though the customers did upload photos.

I initially thought it was because the photos were too big so I installed the ‘Resize image after upload’ plugin. So now, not only did the photos not work, they were also deleted after this plugin has tried to resize them but were unable to. So now I can’t even go in and fix the listings because there are no photos in the library for these listings.

I can’t assume that 3 out 5 people did something wrong. For the listing that I fixed, prior to the plugin install, the photos were .JPG and there was nothing wrong with the pictures so I have no idea why they would not display. They were 4-5 megs so I figured the size was the issue but apparently not. Something else is wrong.

Here’s the link:
    http://dragboatcity.com/listing-category/boats-for-sale/

Any ideas as to how to fix this issue?

December 14, 2013 at 9:33 pm
  • Leo
    Leo
    Senior Member 100 points

Tara, I have that same problem for quite a while but the only solution that works for me is upgrading to responsive.

January 5, 2014 at 3:19 am
  • Tara
    Tara
    Newbie 19 points

I am already using responsive. The only thing I can figure is that people are trying to upload too large of photos and the website times out.. How can I really prevent people from doing that? I put a warning on the page but I’m still having this problem. Anyone else dealing with this issue?

January 6, 2014 at 2:52 am
  • JIAN YING
    JIAN YING
    Newbie 16 points

I have the same problem in Real Estate responsive theme, the photos are in listing page, but it is not displaying properly in the listing list or search.

January 6, 2014 at 3:08 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

the user display photo is the one they set themselves as the display photo, uploading normal photos will just appear on the listing itself, they need to upload a display photo.

in the admin its called the featured image on the right sidebar when editing a listing.

January 6, 2014 at 4:20 am
  • Leo
    Leo
    Senior Member 100 points

@Tara, install Imsanity plugin to reduce size and quality of image automatically during user uploads. It works for me.

February 2, 2014 at 5:31 am
  • John
    John
    Newbie 27 points

Thanks, Leo!

The Imsanity plugin plugin worked perfectly.

My issue: Mobile users couldn’t upload images.

Your suggestion worked. Kudos.

-John

January 12, 2017 at 7:53 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team