Custom Taxonomies with multi select check boxes on front end

• Steven
    Newbie 10 points
    September 16, 2016 at 8:16 am

I’ve been trying for a week to achieve in wordpress taxonomies(parent/child sub-levels) with multi select options on front end.
    I am using PremiumPress directory theme and i would like when customers are registering to be able to select multiple repairs e.g. Radio Repair, Video Repair.
    Same thing, I need to do for State/County/City, businesses may select multiple cities & counties, based on the coverage area.

Luckily PODS exists and luckily I’ve found this article:
    https://plugins.smyl.es/docs-kb/how-to-createadd-a-custom-taxonomy-to-use-with-checklist-dropdown-or-multiselect/?v=7516fd43adaa#!prettyPhoto

I’ve followed all the steps in the article up to “Create a New Taxonomy Field” > “Head on over to the listing fields page and add a new field.”
    The images shown there do not match the current fields in PODS. I’ve tried all possible scenarios, but can’t make it to work. From the attached images(1 to 9) you can see all my current settings, which result in drop-down menu on front end.
    The major mismatch with the article is that Job Manager “Taxonomy Multi Select Dropdown” doesn’t exists in PremiumPress. So I’ve added it as a relationship field instead of an associated taxonomy like the tutorial discusses, but it didn’t work.

I’ve created a taxonomy but I am trying to use the relationship field options to force it into a multi select. From the tutorial, the Job Manager plugin is controlling the display/input on their form as a Multi Select Taxonomy, so I need to make the Taxonomy associated with the post type. I am guessing they’re overriding the default taxonomy display in JobManager.

So the dilemma is how to create the taxonomy the right way, as a WP custom taxonomy associated to my post type and then let the theme or plugin override the display.
    My second attempt was to
    1. Create taxonomy field, please see image-11 position 6.
    2. Then I went to custom fields section from and created a new field for that taxonomy.Do I need to link here to pods taxonomy field, see image-12.
    3. I created a new pod “other_pods_taxonomies”
    4. Created new field “class” for pod “other_pods_taxonomies”
    5. What should be the settings for “class” in this case? Should I use same as I did in image-4?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Steven
    Newbie 10 points
    September 16, 2016 at 8:18 am

Here is link to PODS

Home

Attachments:

• Steven
    Newbie 10 points
    September 16, 2016 at 8:20 am

rest of the images

Attachments:

• Steven
    Newbie 10 points
    September 16, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Mark, Josh or anyone have a solution for this?

• Steven
    Newbie 10 points
    September 16, 2016 at 6:06 pm

?? Anyone ??

• Jason
    Jason
    Guru 837 points
    November 13, 2016 at 8:04 pm

The instructions when making TAX says no special characters or spaces

See attached pic

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes