CSS to remove message button

• Tony
    Newbie 6 points
    July 13, 2016 at 11:38 pm

I found this post from a while back, I would like to accomplish the same thing. I just want to remove the message button because I want users to be able to view their contact form submissions from their listing, but I don’t want them to be able to send private messages. I am just not sure what I do with that CSS and where I put it?

How does a user view contact form requests online?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    July 15, 2016 at 8:56 am

Hello Tony,
    Your question is not clear.Messages sent from the Listing Contact form can be viewed under My Account >My Messages or Dashboard >My Messages.You can remove the Contact Author button under Appearance >Editor >content-single-listing-directory.php and remove [CONTACT style=1]

• Tony
    Newbie 6 points
    July 15, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Josh, if you look at that old post that I linked, the second first reply has exactly what I am trying to achieve. I would like listing authors to view their contact form submissions on their dashboard, but I do not want them to be able to private message. I do not want private messages enabled, but I still want authors to be able to go in their dashboard and view any form submissions from their listing.

I hope this helps you understand

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    July 18, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Hello Tony,
    Your question is still not clear.By ‘private messages’ which section are you referring to?I don’t see that section in Directory Theme,Or do you mean messages received from My Account >My Messages
    Or do you mean you only want Listing authors to only receive messages sent via listing contact form only from My Account >My Messages but not from an email,if so then disable the email message from Theme Setup >Email Setup >Email Assignment >Listing Contact Form

• Tony
    Newbie 6 points
    July 20, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Josh, when a user goes to their my account dashboard and views their messages they will see the contact form submissions from their listings. They will also be able to type in a username and send that person a message. I do not want them to be able to send a message back, or to anyone else. I just want them to be able to view their contact form submissions.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    July 20, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Hello Tony,
    There is no option to prevent users from replying to a message,you can only prevent them from viewing the message.
    From your Membership Package disable the option ‘Can read messages’ ie select ‘NO’ This way users can see they have a message but cannot read it.

• Tony
    Newbie 6 points
    July 25, 2016 at 12:57 am

Josh, please click on the link in my first post. Read the first two posts that richard posted in that thread. That is what I am trying to do. Where do I put that code?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    July 25, 2016 at 7:18 am

Hello Tony,
    Do you mean this code

#MyMsgBlock .btn.btn-primary {
    display: none;
    }
    If so please enter the code under Theme Setup >General Setup >Custom css

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes