Cpop window not loading in new tab

• Eric
    Eric
    Newbie 31 points
    March 15, 2015 at 11:46 pm

I am having an issue with the Cpop window. After the popup window loads and the code is shown the tab where I clicked on the “Get Code” button that has my site loaded goes to the website for the coupon. I would like to load the coupon website in a new tab (i.e. “_blank” or “_new”) and ensure that my website is still loaded on a tab.

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    March 16, 2015 at 12:19 am

Popup windows are popups and don’t open in new tabs.

• Eric
    Eric
    Newbie 31 points
    March 17, 2015 at 1:08 am

Thanks for that response, however, my issue is more with the original site window versus the coupon popup window. The coupon popup window works correctly. It is the window where the user clicked (my website) the “get code” button that I would like to alter. The coupon link is currently loading in the same tab as my site but I would like the coupon link to open in a new tab or window. That way the website user will have the coupon link site on one tab and my site will still remain open on another tab. I hope that make sense.

• Eric
    Eric
    Newbie 31 points
    March 17, 2015 at 1:14 am

I would like the ultimate result to happen like this:

Tab 1 – My website (couponbum.com) with coupons listed. User will click the “get code” button on this site. This tab should remain open and no site loaded over it.

Once user clicks “get code” button – Popup window will open displaying coupon code

Tab 2 (New tab that loads) – opens link to other website that has the deal/sale that my coupon was advertising

Original Tab 1 remains on my website but user can now browse on Tab 2 to shop and use the coupon code. Popup window is completely independent from those two tabs.

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 20, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Are you done with this ?

• Eric
    Eric
    Newbie 31 points
    March 21, 2015 at 1:17 am

No. I have still not been able to solve this problem. You can view code at http://www.couponbum.com.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• rahuljain
    rahuljain
    Newbie 62 points
    March 21, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Hey check out my website , If your describing the same , then let me know …

http://www.thecoupondeals.in

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 21, 2015 at 3:19 pm

But some browser blocks your cpop window/tab by default and the links opens in new window.

Thus, few visitors may find it difficult to get coupon code. As coupons are not visible even after clicking the button, if browser block the cpop window/tab.

You can activate the coupon code visible afetr clicking and cpop window/tab both. This will make sense.

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 21, 2015 at 3:21 pm

I am checking on chrome, it blocks your popup by default.

• rahuljain
    rahuljain
    Newbie 62 points
    March 21, 2015 at 3:26 pm

Yeah popup gets blocked most of the time.. Isnt it better to open in new tab?
    Atleast we could get more visibility plus a new whole window for us where we could add email sign up and many other elements using HTML

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 21, 2015 at 3:28 pm

What you have coded, to open it in new tab or in new window ?

• Eric
    Eric
    Newbie 31 points
    March 23, 2015 at 12:52 am

@rahuljain the way your site (https://www.thecoupondeals.in) is just the functionality that I am looking for.

Only difference for me would be that the coupon code window (cpop) opens up in a smaller popup window but your code is still very good. How are you able to get the coupon link site to open in a new tab? Mine will just load in the same tab that my site was on.

Thanks.

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 23, 2015 at 4:21 am

Just to add a target=”_blank” to the link anchor in CP/framework/class/defaul_coupon.php

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 23, 2015 at 4:23 am

Instead of making a cpop window, you can make a light box/modal pop up. As sometimes pop-up windows are blocked by browser.

• rahuljain
    rahuljain
    Newbie 62 points
    March 23, 2015 at 5:29 am

@Eric : what’s your website ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes