Coupon Theme 8.5 Bugs

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    September 7, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Instead of a heap of posts on the same sort of topics, how about a Single thread to List bugs for version 8.5 of the coupon theme. This should help Mark out.

Coupon styles are loaded Twice in this order:
    1. templates/template_coupon_theme/style.css?ver=4.3 – OK.
    2. templates/template_coupon_theme/style_childtheme.css
    3. templates/template_coupon_theme/style_childtheme.css?ver=4.3 – Duplicate.

Child Theme
    Style.css in a custom childtheme simply doesn’t load – most likely due to the above issue.

Rating Styles
    Most rating styles do not work. (thumbs Up)

Admin
    Can no longer set a custom Admin Title for Listings using WLT_LISTING_TITLE

Thumbnails
    Taxonomy Images ignored in favor of Pagepeeker thumbnails which are loaded from their website – not a fan of this at all due to the reliance on 3rd party infrastructure. WordPress has its own alternative here: https://github.com/Automattic/mshots

I’ll keep adding more as I find them.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 8, 2015 at 1:29 am

thanks will check them out, are you running a child theme as i dont see any duplicatestyles on our demo site;

view-source:https://cp1.wlthemes.com/

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    September 8, 2015 at 1:34 am

are you running a child theme as i dont see any duplicatestyles on our demo site;

Yes, the issue only appears when you are using a child theme.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 8, 2015 at 1:55 am

Aaron, do you have a link as iv checked with and without child themes but cannot reproduce the error.

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    September 8, 2015 at 2:07 am

I cant give you a link as its on my local dev server.

I am also creating a WordPress Childtheme using this method https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Functions and template override work fine – just cant get the css style to load.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 8, 2015 at 2:16 am

Iv tried viewing other client sites that are using child themes but they don’t seem to have any style issues either. Could you include a sour code screenshot of the header so i can see?

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    September 8, 2015 at 5:17 am

I also had the same issue, childtheme style sheet not loaded in 8.2 I had to add manually by wp_head() method

• Mark
    Mark
    Titan 733 points
    September 8, 2015 at 8:12 am

Aaron, please check your child theme and make sure that there is only one style.css file as there is an issue with the built in child theme creator (there were few threads on the forum about it).

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    September 8, 2015 at 10:08 am

Yes just one style.css file.

I have tried every single way to create a basic child theme, attached is a childtheme called batman generated by the child theme creator and edited with a simple H2 title colour change.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    September 8, 2015 at 12:03 pm

The new search bar in the header seems to just display dummy categories instead of actually grabbing the ones from my database.

I’ve changed my categories to fit the relevant discounts that will appear on my website, but the new search bar still displays the default categories from the demo.

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    September 8, 2015 at 10:57 pm

The new search bar in the header seems to just display dummy categories instead of actually grabbing the ones from my database.

Can confirm this also.

Attached are 2 simple child themes with exactly the same edits.

Couponic15 Works.
    ZOD doesn’t.

Not sure if its a naming issue, character limit or something but I cannot figure it out at all.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2015 at 7:07 am

Aaron, ok the issue is with the characters on your folder name. Increase it to more than 10 characters.

batman <-- only 6 and its not being picked up.

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    September 9, 2015 at 7:08 am

I have added it through wp_head() action.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2015 at 7:09 am

@Matthew, not sure i understand, the head only shows stores, the first one is the coupon type and the last a search box.

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    September 9, 2015 at 10:48 am

Aaron, ok the issue is with the characters on your folder name. Increase it to more than 10 characters.

Cheers Mark, thought I was going crazy 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes