Victorino

Configuring directory for a single country only w/ different provinces & cities

I have been using Premium Press Directory for years. And with the latest released framework, I am trying to upgrade our directory to the latest. In the old directory, I was able to edit the name of the countries into provinces and cities to create a single country directory. However, with the latest version, I am having a difficulty on how to do it again. I have already imported our old listing and categories successfully to the new theme. But the locations are not showing up in the search filter. My questions are: 1. How can I make the latest directory version to work as a single country directory only? For example, Singapore only? 2. How can I edit the search filter into different cities, towns and provinces, instead of countries? How to remove Singapore, since it is already understood that the directory is within Singapore only? 3. Is there a way to predefine the cities, towns and provinces as one of the clickable choices for a business location in the add listing page? So that user will just select a drop-down of cities, provinces when they add a listing? Thank you.

Created: May 13, 2018 at 4:39 pm
  • In: Directory Theme
  • Started by: Victorino
  • 3 members left 10 comments
  • Last reply from: Julien

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    May 14, 2018 at 8:14 am

Hi Victorino

The new version is automatically updated based on user input, so if your users are only adding content from Singapore then your website will only show this. There isnt alot you need todo simply add all content from one location and it will display that location only.

• Victorino
    May 14, 2018 at 10:41 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply. I think that is how the latest directory works compared with the old one. We’ll see how it will be more beneficial than the older one. By the way, how will I remove the text Singapore in the search filter and other section since that the website is understood as within Singapore only, it would be redundant to use the Singapore text to filter the directory?

By the way, I got a notice that someone replied my questions, and got enumerated answers to my questions above. I wonder why I can’t view the reply. Was it removed already?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    May 14, 2018 at 10:47 am

Hi,

It was responded to by Marie (my support staff) however the content wasnt for v9 themes, so i removed it as it was confusing.

• Victorino
    May 15, 2018 at 6:21 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks again for the reply. With regard to my #2 question, what theme file should I edit to remove the text Singapore from appearing in the search filter and other section? Since users will be typing for Singapore, it will also appear in the search filter. I just want provinces or cities to appear in the search filter and other sections.

Thank you.

• Julien
    May 26, 2018 at 1:06 pm

I have the same problem. It’s written the country in the search and I want to see only the cities.

Can you help me too?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    May 27, 2018 at 6:51 am

There are child themes iv added for the DT theme where it uses city instead of country, check the child themes area from within the WordPress admin pages.

• Julien
    May 27, 2018 at 11:28 am

Hi Mark,

Find it but doesn’t works : it s written this when I download the childtheme : Une mauvaise manipulation ?
    Le thème demandé n’existe pas.

Do I need to download a new version of the child theme ?

Thwnks,

Julien

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    May 27, 2018 at 11:41 am

Which child theme are you downloading and which version of the core theme do you have?

• Julien
    May 27, 2018 at 12:57 pm

Sorry Mark it works. If you can create the search with the category and the city it will be great. Many thanks

• Julien
    May 27, 2018 at 1:03 pm

and is it possible to do a search without a keyword. With this version I can’t.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)