Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Change Text on home page and opacity for hero image

• Adrian
    Newbie 4 points
    August 17, 2018 at 11:49 pm

I have just installed MJ v.9 which it a welcome update.

I changed the hero image successfully but don’t see how to change the opacity or how to edit the demo place holder text that says –

Micro Jobs Website

Have a job that needs doing? We’re here to help!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    August 18, 2018 at 1:46 am

Hello Adrian,

The easiest way would be…
    Go to the homepage edit screen @ PremiumPress > Design Setup > PAGE BUILDER > Theme Homepage and click the “Edit Template” button. If the template hasn’t been installed, then I’d recommend installing it and set it as your homepage.

Once the Elementor editor has opened select the Hero widget and you should see it’s settings menu to the right.

For opacity CSS you could try adding this with your custom CSS:.hero-header { opacity: .5; } and change the value to what you want (value between .1 – 1)

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    August 18, 2018 at 1:57 am

This may help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Adrian
    Newbie 4 points
    August 19, 2018 at 11:26 pm

James,That you very much. Just what i needed!!!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    August 20, 2018 at 12:21 am

You’re welcome.

• Adrian
    Newbie 4 points
    August 20, 2018 at 12:38 am

FYI, it appears you need elementor pro to enter the custom css.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    August 20, 2018 at 3:02 am

@Adrian,

Yeah, that is unfortunate and hopefully not the final custom CSS solution. I’m unaware of what the “standard” expectation is (or will be) for these types of obstacles.

Usually, you could add it to your childtheme stylesheet, but I don’t think MJ9 has any childthemes yet. You could add it to the core theme stylesheet (not really recommended)

However… you can do a little hack until a better solution comes up if you do not have a custom stylesheet already.

Drag an HTML widget at the top of your page and add this to it:

<style>.hero-header { opacity: .5; }</style>

By no means is it elegant, but it can work for now. 😉

• Wayne
    Wayne
    Newbie 9 points
    April 28, 2019 at 12:58 pm

I am really frustrated with editing this theme. I installed Elementor pro and inserted the css code .hero-header { opacity: .5; } and set to everyhign fro, 1 t0 -1 and can’t get rid of it. I just want a transparent hero image.
    I also can’t fine where I can edit the top line menu (not the main). There is nothing in the customization ecept main, Foote and Mobile.
    I am no expert, but I have doing our websites for years and never had editing issues with Divi like I am having with this theme/editor. Must be getting old!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    April 29, 2019 at 1:13 am

Hello Wayne,

I installed Elementor pro and inserted the css code .hero-header { opacity: .5; } and set to everyhign fro, 1 t0 -1 and can’t get rid of it.

What are you trying to get rid of? The color or image? The .hero-header opacity targets the main div, which in effect impacts the background color. To target the background image of the header try this:
    .hero-header::after { opacity: .5; }

If that doesn’t work, then please answer the following:
    Do you have a url you can post? It may be just a setting issue.
    How was the background image set? (i.e. elementor widget, PP setting… etc)
    Also, are you using a child theme?

I also can’t fine where I can edit the top line menu (not the main).

Take a look under Appearance > Menus. It that’s not the one you’re referring to it then would need a url.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    April 29, 2019 at 1:57 am

@Wayne

I also can’t fine where I can edit the top line menu (not the main).

Perhaps you’re looking for a file (f it’s something hard-codded), then copy the /MJ9/_micro/template/header-menu.php file and place in your child theme directory. Rename the original file first (if one already exists) for backup.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)