Change color of title in coupon listing

• JOHN
    JOHN
    Newbie 40 points
    June 21, 2016 at 1:12 am

Hi,
    1.any help available on changing the color of the title font on the coupon site 8.3. Everything is in black. I would like a little contrast.

Any help would be appreciated!
    John

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    June 21, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Hello John,
    Please provide url

• JOHN
    JOHN
    Newbie 40 points
    June 22, 2016 at 3:42 am

https://bridgeport.neighborhoodcouponclub.com/

I was wondering if we can change font color in the title of coupon listings? Example of first coupon- Pulaski Savings Bank

While I have you, I have a second request.
    Is it possible to put a second logo image on the right hand side (or even center) of header. I am combining both sites and would like to have both logos showing. I will attach a sample of the logo. The banner size 60 is too narrow to try to convert logo to banner. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • JOHN
    JOHN
    Newbie 40 points
    June 22, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Here is the url Josh.
    https://bridgeport.neighborhoodcouponclub.com/

1. I was wondering if we can change font color in the title of coupon listings? Example of first coupon- Pulaski Savings Bank.

2. I was also trying to add a second logo on the header to the right. I was able through Header Layout Adjustments logo/text add html for the image with this code.
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

However…
    Is there is a better way to add the logo on the right so that both logos would be even with each other? or any idea or code that would lower the normal logo on the left? I attached screen shot to help you understand.
    Thanks John

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    June 23, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Hello John,
    Try the below code under Design Setup >Custom Meta Data >Header Styles

.thumbnail h2 a{
    color:#f00;
    }
    #core_logo {
    width: 33.33333333%;
    padding-top: 40px;
    }

Note:Remember to enclose your code between style tags

• JOHN
    JOHN
    Newbie 40 points
    June 23, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Josh, The logo worked beautifully! thank you for all of your help. the color of title on coupon didn’t work but that issue is minor. I am down to three things that would make this site perfect.

1.Can we increase the image size on the store icon? The demo is much larger than what I can produce. coupon theme 8.3

2. Can the I get the description on the coupons (body) show consistent amount of lines or words. I think it may be a visible or hidden problem not space because some coupons do show three lines and others cut off after the first word of the second line or somewhere in between. I can’t figure out why they don’t all follow the same pattern.

3. Least important. If we can get the title of the coupons to be a different color.

• JOHN
    JOHN
    Newbie 40 points
    June 23, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Got the answer to number 2 in another thread. Now I am just down to 2 more issues.
    bridgeport.neighborhoodcoupnclub.com

1. (most important) Can we increase the image size on the store category icon? The demo is much larger than what I can produce. You can’t even make out what they are in some instances. coupon theme 8.3

2. The original question on this thread…If we can get the title of the coupons to be a different color. Featured ads are green so I am assuming there is a way. The code you gave earlier just didn’t do anything.

As usually, I am so very grateful for your help.
    John

• H
    Senior Member 218 points
    June 24, 2016 at 1:00 am

Hi John,

You could try this code for Q2.

.itemdata h3 a {
        color: #f00;
    }

Cheers, H

• JOHN
    JOHN
    Newbie 40 points
    June 24, 2016 at 4:30 am

Yes that code did it. Thanks!! Support is fantastic with you guys especially for us experienced ones. Now I am down to one issue…

1.Can we increase the image size on the store category icon? The demo is much larger You can’t even make out what they are in some instances. coupon theme 8.3

bridgpeport.neighborhoodcouponclub.com

• JOHN
    JOHN
    Newbie 40 points
    June 24, 2016 at 4:33 am

Yes that code did it. Thanks!! Support is fantastic with you guys especially for us INEXPERIENCED ones. Now I am down to one issue…

1.Can we increase the image size on the store category icon? The demo is much larger You can’t even make out what they are in some instances. coupon theme 8.3

bridgpeport.neighborhoodcouponclub.com

• H
    Senior Member 218 points
    June 24, 2016 at 4:36 am

Hi John, are you referring to the 8 images on the home page…the Featured Stores images?….or the ones below it in list view?

• JOHN
    JOHN
    Newbie 40 points
    June 24, 2016 at 4:51 am

Featured Store images.

• H
    Senior Member 218 points
    June 24, 2016 at 5:06 am

Ok John, try this for the image size

.wlt_coupon_theme .shortcode_taxonomy_block .storelogo {
        max-height: 40px;
    }

It seems around 60px is the maximum for that block size, give it a try to your preferred size.

Cheers, H

• H
    Senior Member 218 points
    June 24, 2016 at 5:12 am

John, after increasing the image size it may sit toward the bottom of the box….you may need to decrease the top margin to vertically center things

for example:

margin-top: 5px;

Cheers, H

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • JOHN
    JOHN
    Newbie 40 points
    June 24, 2016 at 5:29 am

That definitely gives me something to work with. I can play with it. I was wondering if there is any way to raise the image up a bit (top padding). That would allow both lines to show when necessary. If not, it’s ok. I appreciate you getting me this far.
    John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes