Cant find 8.9.2 or 9.0 in members area for download

• Hakim
    Hakim
    Newbie 21 points
    August 1, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Hi I saw post that this new version was released on July 5 and also saw some posts that say that
    8.9.2 can e downloaded. Unfortunately I cant see it in my members area which is still showing the older versions. (see screen shot)
    Can pls advice where to find the new versions.
    Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    August 2, 2016 at 3:24 am

The best option is for you to download the theme you want to work with “stable or beta” or both to compare. Click to open the folder then framework file folder and look in the changelog text document, you may find some info in there. HTH

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 2, 2016 at 4:08 am

Here is the blog post about it dated as POSTED on 5th July!
    not released on 5th July.

It says “We will shortly be releasing a new PremiumPress framework update”
    not we have released it !! Hope this helps 🙂
    here is the link to it. A bit confusing isn’t it. don’t worry, my dashboard in my account area is the same as yours showing the same version numbers.

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    August 2, 2016 at 4:45 am

Hi Guys,

Please try download the Stable version and that should be the version 8.9.2.

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 2, 2016 at 4:58 am

Hi Marie,
    It would be helpful wouldn’t it for beginners, new customers and new members alike if the versions were appropriately numbered so everyone could see at a glance specifically what version it is !! 🙂
    Thanks for the guidance Marie much appreciated.
    Oh and I was just wondering…. How did you personally find out that the Stable version should be the version 8.9.2. ?
    I would be interested to know how you know?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 2, 2016 at 6:36 am

Mark Fail is updating the Members Area to reflect the correct versions.For the meantime please download the Stable version which is version 8.9.3 now

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 2, 2016 at 6:40 am

Thank you Josh, very helpful as usual and much appreciated 🙂
    Oh one more little thing, I am just curious, I was wondering how do you actually know that Mark Fail is updating the Members Area to reflect the correct versions?

Thanks in advance Josh for your response 🙂

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 2, 2016 at 6:46 am

Hello Liz,
    Mark Fail did mention he is updating the section in our staff meeting/discussions

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 2, 2016 at 8:18 am

Thank you Josh, I appreciate your response. And I I’m sure everyone else appreciates how helpful you are too.

Do you think if it is not too much trouble, you could discuss with Mark Fail in your next staff meeting, the possibility of perhaps putting up a blog post or adding to an existing blog post on the same topic, where Mark mentions on the 5th July, We will shortly be releasing a new PremiumPress framework update, (In this blog post) that it has or has not been done yet?
    The reason being is that it was posted on the 5th of July, and it is now the 2nd August almost a month later, and I have been regularly checking the the members area and Blog, looking to see if Version 8.9.2 is available so I can start a new project. I understand that both you and Marie knows that the new version is there and available at this point in time, but it would be really helpful to members if we all know it was there as many of us are not psychic, and shouldn’t have to post in a forum to ask such silly questions, wasting both yours and my valuable time. It should be clear in the members area at all times if for no other purpose than professionalism, and common courtesy, thoughtfulness and consideration for the potential frustrations of others by not having this information available. It is such a silly little thing that may appear irrelevant to Mark Fail however due to me being considerate about continuous downloads and being courteous enough to wait until made public (saving download bandwidth) for PremiumPress, I have waited almost a month by waiting unnecessarily so start something new with a fresh update, inclusive of any bugs and issues resolved. Not meaning to be being petti, I am actually using this as an example, where as this has happened to me a few times previously when I have almost completed a project, bugs and issues have been found in a new version, and after an update, (things have previously unexpectedly changed, you know what I mean) and a lot of work is nessisary to resolve those core changes. Therefore I have chosen like others possibly to wait until fixes and possible unexpected changes have been made before starting to develop something new. (one doesn’t like to get bitten in the bottom more than 3 times) !! I hope you can relate to the frustrations that can evolve from such little details. I hope this helps you understand the bigger picture. Once again Josh thank you so much for your prompt replies and very kind help. 🙂 You’re a champion, have a great evening.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 2, 2016 at 8:50 am

@Liz Apologies for the Members Area section confusion.The section will be updated soonest Mark Fail has uploaded all updated themes.
    I will forward the blog section issue to Mark Fail so he can update the section too.
    Currently the latest version is 8.9.3 available for the below themes:

Business Directory Theme
    Coupon Theme
    Directory Theme
    Micro Jobs Theme
    Real Estate Theme
    Shopping Theme

Again,apologies for any inconvenience caused

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 2, 2016 at 9:03 am

Hi Josh, you have definitely NOT caused any inconvenience sweetie, and not need to apologize, however it’s very sweet of you to do so.

I was just outlining and highlighting a clear scenario that has actually happened several times, It’s no big deal, but it is very frustrating when combined with many other little details with similar attributes relating to lack of thought and or unintentional neglect. Little details all ad up to larger frustrations for people all of whom are developing different projects under different circumstances! all I was getting at was transparency, forward thinking, and if PremiumPress as a whole could try and communicate these little details in a blog post or number the updated versions so we can see at a glance where we are up to with precise version numbers It would indeed be very helpful for everyone. Bless you Josh, no need to respond again. 🙂 Take care.

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    August 2, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Yesterday in both versions changelog (8.9 Stable/8.9.1 Beta) and before the post was reply too above it was stated as the following…

————————

fixed zip upload for language files
    fixed map display image
    fixed membership discount code for registrations
    fixed page navigation for PP builder plugin.
    fixed membership payment buttons
    fixed file type restrictions for uploads
    fixed date display issue with orders and messages

AT – fixed a number of coding issues

added option to force membership before submission

stopped comments on pending listings

————————————————

Come on Guys stay focus and work together as a Team to get this theme going – Another week will be one year since the 8.4 changes come about to this theme and since then many of us being waiting for some form of stable version to manifest itself. Hope all goes well

Regards,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes