Business Plan – Why do you need one?

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Business Plan – Why do you need one?

Business Plan – Why do you need one?

July 9, 2013
Richard Bonk Richard Bonk
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

As a business advisor, I have met many new and existing businesses and one thing that become apparent was that the successful businesses had a very strong business plan.
    That does not mean that by making a good business plan your business will be automatically successful, but rather that people who thought thoroughly about their business and who have a clear aims and objectives are more likely to be successful.
    Very often people think that business plan is only needed when you are applying for loan or other funding, but that is completely wrong.
    Business plan should not be just ‘made up’ to look great to potential funders, but should reflect the real facts and figures especially to the business owners.
    I have found that usually business owners don’t make a business plan, just because this would show that their business is not viable (and even though all the facts show that, they just carry on with the business, losing their money and hiding the truth).
    Please, it does not matter how big or small your business is, you should have a business plan in place. Business plan is not just some piece of paper for bureaucrats, but is the ‘core’ of a business.

Often members on the forum are asking about the best way to setup their websites to generate some income, but how many have thought carefully about their business and made a business plan?

If you would like to ask any questions or discuss your business in more details, I am available for free business consultation.

Kind regards,

Richard

July 9, 2013 at 8:30 am
  • Shakib
    Shakib
    Newbie 41 points

Spot on Richard, great post.

July 9, 2013 at 10:07 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

July 9, 2013 at 11:15 am
  • Sean
    Sean
    Senior Member 199 points

I don’t need a business plan because I work (if that’s what you call it) in Marbella, Costa del Sol ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Great Thread Sir Richard Bonk OAP

July 9, 2013 at 2:37 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

ah that explains why the Spanish economy is doing so well :)

July 10, 2013 at 6:28 am
  • Sean
    Sean
    Senior Member 199 points

We’ve sold 8 penthouses in 12 days, which isn’t bad I suppose? ๐Ÿ˜‰

July 10, 2013 at 11:31 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Poor locals though, where do they live now?

July 11, 2013 at 5:19 am
  • Sean
    Sean
    Senior Member 199 points

LOL

We didn’t push the locals out Mark! =)

These were brand new repossessed properties taken by the bank and sold exclusively through us at out of this world prices! ๐Ÿ˜‰

July 11, 2013 at 10:02 am
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points

Well done Sean.

July 11, 2013 at 10:56 am
  • Sean
    Sean
    Senior Member 199 points

Thanks David,

Just to mention that all enquiries were received through my cstomised RealtorPress website and all part of a 2 year business plan venture.

So thank you Mark, that 79$ was worth every cent! :)

July 11, 2013 at 11:08 am
  • Dan
    Dan
    Newbie 66 points

Ive made ยฃ3 so far from my affiliate site. Its not bad considering its only 2 months old.

Just having trouble getting on page 1 of google for the products.

July 11, 2013 at 2:29 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points
    Just having trouble getting on page 1 of google for the products.

that will be hard, good luck

July 11, 2013 at 3:29 pm
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team