Aweber and DirectoryPress Registration

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Aweber and DirectoryPress Registration

Aweber and DirectoryPress Registration

July 6, 2013
Tony Tony
  • Tony
    Tony
    Newbie 20 points

Is there an easy way to incorporate Aweber into the directoryPress sign up?

Thanks,

Tony

July 6, 2013 at 10:13 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

what would you suggest? do they allow auto include as part of WP signup?

July 7, 2013 at 10:28 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

There are already some existing WP plugins that integrate Aweber, please have a look.

July 8, 2013 at 8:50 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

July 8, 2013 at 9:08 am
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

I am looking for the same. Many plugins offer Aweber API integration where you verify your Aweber login and are able to choose to “connect” a specific list. I can create a screencast example if needed.

This is a must have for Responsive Directory. We need a way to keep our customers informed and a built in mailer is bad news for server when we reach our anticipated numbers.

I can happily supply aforementioned screencast above and a couple plugins that have this capability already so you can look at the code.

Ideally, after Aweber was connected and a list chosen, this would add a checkbox to the Listing and Membership packages checkout pages that says “stay informed, or subscribe by email”.

To see a frontend example, go here http://fooplugins.com/ , add something to cart, then look at bottom of checkout page.

The user then receives the standard “confirm your subscription” page from our Aweber account.

July 19, 2013 at 7:10 pm
  • Rob
    Rob
    Newbie 17 points

I for one would also love to see this additional feature come available. Great suggestion!

July 20, 2013 at 6:46 pm
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

Thanks Rob, quite frankly I’m surprised that there aren’t even any optional email marketing integration plugins available for PremiumPress already.

In my WP world, this is pretty standard and required for serious businesses.

July 21, 2013 at 12:18 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

We used to have aweber as standard but was removed when they introduced their own plugin.

July 21, 2013 at 5:36 am
  • Nardo
    Nardo
    Newbie 1 points

It’s been a year and a half since the last update for this topic; has anything changed since then? Is there a way now to easily add new free/paying members to an Aweber list? (or Mailchimp, GetResponse for that matter)

December 23, 2014 at 12:41 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

There has been no plugin developed by me, unless WP offers one via their website im afraid not.

December 23, 2014 at 12:52 am
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team