Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Automatic uploading of a photo – how did it happen?

• Clive
    Clive
    Newbie 15 points
    July 10, 2013 at 10:51 am

I have just entered someone’s details for them through the front end of my DirectoryPress website for them to register as a member. When I completed it, a photo of them appeared in the “My Account” section of the website. I did not upload this photo, and there is no provision on the registration page, or indeed anywhere else, to upload a photo. It is the same photo that she uses for LinkedIn. Is there something in PremiumPress which automatically searches for photos on the internet and uploads a photo if it finds one?

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    July 10, 2013 at 1:41 pm

This is a feature from WordPress which displays the gravatar associated with the e-mail (same as on this forum – I have not uploaded any new image, it just uses one that has been already associated).

Kind regards,

Richard

• Clive
    Clive
    Newbie 15 points
    July 10, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Richard, Thanks. It’s not magic then?!

• Clive
    Clive
    Newbie 15 points
    July 10, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I now have a Gravatar myself!

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    July 10, 2013 at 2:18 pm

It’s not magic then?!

I don’t know much about magic, but can someone explain to me how do they fit so many little people, cars, aeroplanes or even whole cities inside the TV box?
    Once my TV stopped working, so I opened it, but there was nobody inside (that would possibly explain why the TV was not working, if all the little people were gone, it could not show anything, isn’t it?). :mrgreen:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)