Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Article Widget on Index page

• Harry
    Harry
    Newbie 15 points
    July 11, 2013 at 6:56 pm

How can I add a widget with list of articles on Home page?
    I don’t need to show all these folders with categories, instead I would prefer to show a list of articles.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you in advance.

• Roel
    Roel
    Newbie 3 points
    August 14, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I’ve got the same question over here. We just made the transition to the new theme but we are missing this essential feature!

Thanks!

• Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points
    August 15, 2013 at 12:34 am

recent posts widget seems to do it for me

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    August 15, 2013 at 2:38 am

:)

• Roel
    Roel
    Newbie 3 points
    August 15, 2013 at 5:26 am

Auch…. 😳 Thanks for the reply!

But i still can’t figure out how to get this widget on the home page / front page? With directory press this was very simple because it was also an object. But with the new responsive theme there is only an object for “recent listings”

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    August 15, 2013 at 6:26 am

there is no widget object in the new theme setup. Widgets are set for sidebars only, so make sure you have a sidebar on your home page.

• Roel
    Roel
    Newbie 3 points
    August 15, 2013 at 6:34 am

Thanks. So there is no possibility to show the most recent articles on our homepage? That would be a bummer because that was such an important item on our page.

• Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points
    August 15, 2013 at 7:02 am

Roel, if you check your widget area there is a widget called ‘recent posts’. Screenshot is attached. I am using that on my website to display the recent articles. If I understand it right, default ‘post section’ of word press acts as the article manager in responsive theme.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points
    August 15, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I think he is asking if recent posts can appear as a non widget object in the main part of the home page, which is certainly a valid request.

User visits home page sees all the directory and listing stuff at the top then scrolls down to see the latest news and posts, etc.

So a home page object for recent posts would be handy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)