Article Widget on Index page

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Article Widget on Index page

Article Widget on Index page

July 11, 2013
Harry Harry
  • Harry
    Harry
    Newbie 15 points

How can I add a widget with list of articles on Home page?
    I don’t need to show all these folders with categories, instead I would prefer to show a list of articles.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you in advance.

July 11, 2013 at 6:56 pm
  • Roel
    Roel
    Newbie 3 points

I’ve got the same question over here. We just made the transition to the new theme but we are missing this essential feature!

Thanks!

August 14, 2013 at 7:59 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

recent posts widget seems to do it for me

August 15, 2013 at 12:34 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

August 15, 2013 at 2:38 am
  • Roel
    Roel
    Newbie 3 points

Auch…. 😳 Thanks for the reply!

But i still can’t figure out how to get this widget on the home page / front page? With directory press this was very simple because it was also an object. But with the new responsive theme there is only an object for “recent listings”

August 15, 2013 at 5:26 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

there is no widget object in the new theme setup. Widgets are set for sidebars only, so make sure you have a sidebar on your home page.

August 15, 2013 at 6:26 am
  • Roel
    Roel
    Newbie 3 points

Thanks. So there is no possibility to show the most recent articles on our homepage? That would be a bummer because that was such an important item on our page.

August 15, 2013 at 6:34 am
  • Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points

Roel, if you check your widget area there is a widget called ‘recent posts’. Screenshot is attached. I am using that on my website to display the recent articles. If I understand it right, default ‘post section’ of word press acts as the article manager in responsive theme.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 15, 2013 at 7:02 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

I think he is asking if recent posts can appear as a non widget object in the main part of the home page, which is certainly a valid request.

User visits home page sees all the directory and listing stuff at the top then scrolls down to see the latest news and posts, etc.

So a home page object for recent posts would be handy.

August 15, 2013 at 9:26 pm
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team