Advanced Search Widget

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Advanced Search Widget

Advanced Search Widget

July 27, 2013
Roelf Roelf
  • Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points

I am using the Directory theme’s “Advanced Search Widget” and have it set to search Keyword, Category, Country, State and City. From what i could understand when setting the country, state and city options up, the info gets gathered from the map entries? For example by selecting “map-countries, map-states and map-cities”.

However, these are not searchable when i run a search. Only the countries are displayed and that seems like a pre-defined list.

Has anyone experienced this or found a solution to it?
    Any tips would be highly appreciated! :)

July 27, 2013 at 7:33 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

hi

im not sure i understand your question

the user data is gathered from the map on the submission page, all data is searchable but to save loading times there is a pre-defined ‘country list’ when using the [WLT] custom field search options.

July 27, 2013 at 8:11 am
  • Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points

Hi Mark

Yea that is how i thought it works.
    But when i go on the admin side and change the ‘country list’ to [WLT] it does not save the change and goes back to the map-country option.

The data that is gathered from the submission page (state and city) i will have to look into again as it does not seem to record the data.

Thank you for the quick response.

July 27, 2013 at 8:33 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Roelf im not sure i follow, your saying that the admin changes are not saving the new search field settings?

July 27, 2013 at 8:42 am
  • Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points

Yea, for example when on the admin side:

I try to change the Country search to come from [WLT] instead of ‘map-country’ it does not save and stays ‘map-country’ and not the newly selected [WLT].

The ‘map-state’ and ‘map-city’ does not need to change to the [WLT] as i want those to get and display the data from the user’s input. However, they do not seem to record the data from the submission page. I have made test listings with the correct state and city but the search fields stay empty.

I hope this helps a little more than the previous explanation :)

July 27, 2013 at 9:11 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Roelf send me a ticket and ill have a look for you.

July 27, 2013 at 9:25 am
  • Rob
    Rob
    Newbie 17 points

Could you post the solution here please when you guys have figured this one out? I think I understand Roelf’s problem and would really like to see the fix.

Thanks

July 27, 2013 at 9:32 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

i think i see the confusion, map-country is the same as [WLT] Country (uses the same field) so it wouldnt matter which one you set.

July 27, 2013 at 9:35 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

I guess what your asking is how to disable the default country list and use only the stored country values?

July 27, 2013 at 9:36 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

I guess what your asking is how to disable the default country list and use only the stored country values?

Exactly

July 27, 2013 at 12:44 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks and sorted in the new update.

July 27, 2013 at 2:37 pm
  • Itiel
    Itiel
    Newbie 12 points

Mark, can you please explain where this can be defined? where can i disable the countries field shown when people register to the site?

thanks.

August 12, 2013 at 8:06 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

country isnt asked for as part of the registration, you’ll need to provide more details as im unsure whats your trying todo.

August 12, 2013 at 9:44 am
  • Itiel
    Itiel
    Newbie 12 points

in tpl-myaccount.php there as in the registration page in directorypress there is a field of countries which displays all countries. deleting the countries from _countrylist.php of course does not disable this.

so the only thing i found i can do was go to tpl-myaccount.php and delete the countries field to disable this field.

since you said we should not delete that file in case of an update, would be happy to hear if there is a better suggestion that won’t get overwritten.

August 12, 2013 at 11:18 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

this is the responsive framework forum, not the directorypress one thus my reply wasnt for DP.

The way you’ve done it seems fine for DP.

August 13, 2013 at 6:11 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team