Advanced search order

• Mat
    Mat
    Newbie 17 points
    September 5, 2013 at 11:59 am

Back again!

When doing category searches the featured listings all go to the top which is great but when doing an advanced search they default back to date order. Is there a way to get the featured to list first under the advanced search as well?

Thanks

• Mat
    Mat
    Newbie 17 points
    September 5, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Ok I have added this to the General>Advanced Search>Custom area

Featured [orderby=featured&order=desc]

This gives me the option for I need for the featured to be at the top, but how can I make this the default option.

I need the featured listings to be top of the search results in date order

• Mat
    Mat
    Newbie 17 points
    September 7, 2013 at 6:26 am

Is this possible does anyone know?

It sort of makes the paying for featured listing null and void if you are not top of any search results.

Thanks

• Chue
    Chue
    Senior Member 240 points
    September 13, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I did my and it’s working good. Featured listing showing on top when searching.

You need to add below code to DT47/framework/admin/_1.php after line 212.

<option value="featured*asc" <?php if($core_admin_values['display']['orderby'] == "featured*asc"){ echo "selected=selected"; } ?>>Featured (Featured First)</option>

Then log in to WordPress admin, theme – theme options – general setup

Under Search Results Settings
    Select Display Order option to Featured

Save

Then try to search and see if the search result in featured listings first.

Hope that help

• Chue
    Chue
    Senior Member 240 points
    September 13, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Not sure why the code is not showing all on above post.

So here is the code again.

<option value=”featured*asc” <?php if($core_admin_values[‘display’][‘orderby’] == “featured*asc”){ echo “selected=selected”; } ?>>Featured (Featured First)</option>

• Gary
    Gary
    Newbie 53 points
    September 13, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I’ve just posted something similar. You shouldn’t have to add code. It should be hard coded and there already. When a user selects Top of Search/Featured the listing should appear at the top of search when you do a search on Advanced Search.

• Chue
    Chue
    Senior Member 240 points
    September 13, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Are you using DP V4.7? I don’t see anything like Top of Search/Featured in there, I have to add them manually.

• Chue
    Chue
    Senior Member 240 points
    September 13, 2013 at 10:50 pm

I see what you mean. There is no top of search, it’s top category, and only show on top when user search by browsing categories, not on advance search.

• Gary
    Gary
    Newbie 53 points
    September 14, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Yes. Using 4.7. When a user clicks on just the category the Top of Search does just that but when you use Advanced Search it doesn’t – which doesn’t make sense.

What’s the point of being Top of Search if the Advanced Search, which is the principle method of finding a listing on a directory site – doesn’t actually do what it describes…

Must be a glitch surely….

Here’s my post: https://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/advanced-search-featured-listings-not-appearing-at-the-top/

• Chue
    Chue
    Senior Member 240 points
    September 15, 2013 at 8:10 am

Oh no, my code above is not working right. Must be something else now.

@Gary – You are right and I am looking for the same solution too.

Let’s say if pay for the enhancements, I will want my featured listing to show on top of search results too, same as the top category.

I think the system is designed to work already, but the code is just not there, so may be Mark can add this feature on next update.

• Harry
    Harry
    Newbie 15 points
    September 15, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Chue, this is my exact question that I’m asking several times for the second month.
    It is completely ignored by CS or anybody from the development team.
    It affects my entire business. I need to show ALL featured listing on the top of advanced search results and it doesn’t work neither in responsive nor non-responsive versions.
    I hope one day Mark will pay attention to this problem and fix it.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 16, 2013 at 3:52 am

I hope one day Mark will pay attention to this problem and fix it.

If people dont let me know, how am i supposed to fix it..hundreds of posts every day, i cannot check them all.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 16, 2013 at 4:00 am

the advanced search will take the order from your generals etup -> order by value.

In 4.8 iv added the option to set results to featured top BUT REMEMBER settings an order to a custom field will exclude ALL listings without such a field.

• Chue
    Chue
    Senior Member 240 points
    September 16, 2013 at 4:05 am

If people dont let me know, how am i supposed to fix it..hundreds of posts every day, i cannot check them all.

Agreed.

Will you add this feature to next release?

This feature is very important, especially for people who buy featured enhancements.
    The only reason our online directory will survive are because of the featured enhancement purchases. So featured listings must be above of all listings.

Search result by default should be shown as the following order:
    Frontpage listings
    Highlight Featured Listings
    Top Category Featured Listings
    The rest of the listings

Or

We, the webmasters can customize our self would be the most effective way.

Thanks,

• Chue
    Chue
    Senior Member 240 points
    September 16, 2013 at 4:06 am

In 4.8 iv added the option to set results to featured top

Mark,

Thank you very much.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes